Crossflash help needed

I have an HP BD340i and want to crossflash it to a Lite-On iHBS212 and all I find is I guess to be scrambled firmware, I have even tried to flash it to the updated firmware for HP with no success so I want to try to crossflash, I have tried changing the exe to rar and unpack with no success with both HP and Lite-On firmwares, How do I crossflash as I hear?

When I try to flash normally it says No matched drives detected, so I don’t know what is wrong.

I need to wipe all data out and flash but how? Can anybody help?

No tool exists to allow crossflashing BD burners and it’s unlikely any will become available. You can only crossflash DVD/CD burners now.

[QUOTE=KTL;2597213]No tool exists to allow crossflashing BD burners and it’s unlikely any will become available. You can only crossflash DVD/CD burners now.[/QUOTE]

FU & EU have already supported to crossflash between all iHBS112/212 2 clone Drives.

[QUOTE=2601;2597216]FU & EU have already supported to crossflash between all iHBS112/212 2 clone Drives.[/QUOTE]

Really? I must have missed that. :doh: I stand corrected.

FU…EU…what…I am lost what you guys talking about, I am new, I did get help from the guys at HP in being able to flash to the newest firmware, which is RH26, but, I do believe if it was flashed to the original oem of this drive it just might be better…

Hmm, what is FU and EU?:o

OK…I got it now “Flash Utility” and “EEPROM Utility”

OK guys, I must be doing something wrong, if any of these utilities is able to crossflash, it will not for this Lite-On clone for some reason, but glad I got it to at least flash to an updated HP firmware.

But I would still like to crossflash it instead.

Even you are “new” to this forum, crossposting and doubleposting is not acceptable.