Crossflash ASUS 24B3ST to ihas 124b

vbimport

Hi, i want to buy the ASUS 24B3ST for the sole purpose of crossflashing it to ihas 124b. I’ve read some threads that it’s indeed possible but these threads are kind of old right now.

I want to know if a buy a brand new 24b3st if it would be possible to crossflash it to ihas 124b or there is a chance that it would be a newer version so it would be incompatible.

I wanted to get an ihas 124b and avoid all this trouble but it’s hard to find them in Europe anymore or they are expensive.

The newer 24B3ST drives seem to come with firmware 1.05 on board and are reported to be iHASx24 C clones. It is impossible to crossflash a C series drive to a B series drive. If you want a B series drive, then you’ll need a 24B3ST drive with firmware 1.04 on board.

If you end up with a C series drive, you won’t even be able to dump the firmware from it, nor crossflash it to its iHASx24 C equivalent, since its been reported that the C0deKing’s tools do not support the latest C series.

While the odd retailer out there might still have some old ‘B’ stock around, there’s no way of knowing which one you are going to receive. The firmware revision is not indicated on the box label nor on the label on the drive itself.

The only hint might be the manufacturing date of the drive which is indicated on the label on the drive itself (the retailer will have to open the box to check it out), but since we don’t know exactly when ASUS transitioned to the C series, that leaves just one reliable way of identifying the drive for sure: pugging it on a computer and checking the firmware revision… I guess not many retailers would be willing to go to such lengths to confirm which series they stock…

If you want to make sure you end up with a B series drive, then I’m afraid you’ll have to buy an iHASx24 drive which is specifically advertised as a B drive, anything else is a gamble.

Thanks for all this information. After some more searching i found a ihas 124b at a local store. I paid 37 euros, kind of expensive but i installed it and it’s pretty solid so far.

Where I can find more information about 24B3ST now being available in firmware 1.05?

Thanks.

Hi haruspex. You can buy an Asus 24B3ST and flash it to LiteOn ihas 124B, it’s safe to do this. Or buy Asus 24B3LT and flash it to LiteOn ihas 624B. User CVS mixed it up Asus 24B3ST with Asus 24B1ST … that is the drive in fact that got a new revision and has firmware 1.05.
I just bought an Asus 24B3ST yesterday and it came with firmware 1.0 and there is no newer fw for it. So for cvs please be more carefull when talking from your memory and try not to give false information.

[QUOTE=kagula323;2635165] User CVS mixed it up Asus 24B3ST with Asus 24B1ST … that is the drive in fact that got a new revision and has firmware 1.05.[/QUOTE]

DOH! :doh: You are correct! Thanks for pointing that out. :flower:

I indeed got the 24B[B]3[/B]ST mixed up with the 24B[B]1[/B]ST by mistake. Sorry for the misinformation! :o

Just to avoid any doubts, what I said in my earlier response only applies to the 24B[B]1[/B]ST!

I just got a DRW-24B3ST version C 1.05 , what are my options ? i just got it to burn the new xbox games

[QUOTE=SIRPAULGERMAN;2635310]I just got a DRW-24B3ST version C 1.05 , what are my options ? i just got it to burn the new xbox games[/QUOTE]

Thanks SIRPAULGERMAN for this very useful information. By the looks of it my mistake is no longer a mistake (the Force works in mysterious ways :bigsmile:), and it seems that ASUS has now shifted their DRW-24B3ST production to the new C series of LiteON drives…

I can’t say I’m surprised given their history of doing the same for 2 generations with their DRW-24B1ST drives…

Coming back to your question, if you’re referring to burning 8.7GB backups on standard Dual Layer DVD+R DL discs, then unfortunately I can only give you bad news. The ‘iXtreme Burner Max’ firmware is only available for the B series drives, and it is impossible to crossflash a C series drive to a B series drive.

Also as I said earlier, the C series drives are not currently supported by the C0deKing’s tools and with C0deKing being retired there is very little third party support for these drives…

is that going to change in the future ? can i cross-flash it to a liteone to version C at least ?

[QUOTE=SIRPAULGERMAN;2635376]is that going to change in the future ? can i cross-flash it to a liteone to version C at least ?[/QUOTE]

Who knows what the future might (or might not) have in store…

As for crossflashing to an iHAS124/324/524 C drive, since the current tools are reported not to work with the C series and since C0deKing has retired a while back, then when it comes to the third party tools necessary to get the job done for crossflashing the C series, again it is bad news for the time being … we’ll have to wait and see …

sirpaulgerman if you are still looking for a ihas124b try this link http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0322335

Hi there,

Greeting from Jakarta,Indonesia.
I just bought asus DRW-24B3ST today, and already cross flashing into 124B, it’s done.
Then change it into maxburn firmware (not yet tested with kprobe) but already burned and played copied games.

The manufactured date is november 2011 and factory id still B.