Crossflash a LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1S 9L09 to LiteOn iHAS124 B. Can it be done?

vbimport

Hy.
I want to crossflash a LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1S 9L09 to LiteOn iHAS124 B. Can it be done ?

:doh: Are you serious? The answer is NO.

[QUOTE=alunapemotor;2659087]Hy.
I want to crossflash a LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1S 9L09 to LiteOn iHAS124 B. Can it be done ?[/QUOTE]

[B]NO[/B], and please dont try it.

ok, but how can I at least change it’s device id and boot code so it would look like an IHAS 124 ? I tried with an hex editor to edit the firmware, but I didn’t managed. Someone knows how it can be done ? It’s URGENT.

For what purpose would you desire to have the drive portray itself as an iHAS124? Surely, masking a LH-20A1S as an iHAS124 would be of no benefit; should you try to crossflash, the drive will either refuse flashing or will die, and any tools limited specifically to the iHAS124 B would fail; there’s probably a good reason you specifically need an iHAS124 B, and the 20A1S just cannot work the way you need it.

I managed to change the device id, but in bios remained the same old name. I rewrited the flash and this time checked the boot code option. It took much longer to finish and received an error. After that the drive isn’t recognizable and it has the led always on. What does is mean and what can i do to repair it ?

You didnt listen to even one advice - now you have the result!

The reason for the failure? The firmware for these drives has a checksum that none of us really knows how to fix in modified firmware.

There is a chance the drive is completely dead. [edit] You overwrote the boot code? Yeah, the drive is definitely dead.

Time to search the forums to see if anyone has recovered a dead LH-20A1S from a bad flash. Though, with SATA drives, recovery is nearly impossible.

[QUOTE=Albert;2663663]The reason for the failure? The firmware for these drives has a checksum that none of us really knows how to fix in modified firmware.

There is a chance the drive is completely dead. [edit] You overwrote the boot code? Yeah, the drive is definitely dead.

Time to search the forums to see if anyone has recovered a dead LH-20A1S from a bad flash. Though, with SATA drives, recovery is nearly impossible.[/QUOTE]
Not even with MTKflash in DOS or another similar program ?