Crop Video in WMP

vbimport

I have a 16:9 avi (divx with ac3) file. When playing in windows media player 11, black bars appear above and below the video (which kind of a irritates me). I do not crop the video when encoding it as I have a wide screen TV (and a divx player to play it on TV). I prefer Windows Media Player to anything else simply because it supports AC3Filter which gains (and uses dynamic compression on) the low volume audio tracks. Also I find WMP integrates with Windows XP only too well (you must have observed it) and is the easiest player to use. So please suggest a video cropping utility for windows media player 11, when playing the video.

I dont have a Wide Screen TV and was told With Windows Media Player I goto live with it.
My Samsung TV also has Black Bars For DVD Movies.
OLD DVD movies and Special Feachers Play Full Screen. on the same DVD that has black bars.
My soulution got a Bigger moniter :bigsmile:

The only cropping player I’ve used is VLC.

Isn’t there any plugin or software which can be installed to help wmp crop the video? Anyways thanks for the reply but I do not think I would be buying a new monitor.

VLC media player free
I use it also very Good

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

DI :flower:

Thanks, gave VLC a try. Works very good and not only that but has also options to crop the picture to a variety of sizes. Lets see what performance it gives as I work forward.

[QUOTE=soumya1323;2037174]Isn’t there any plugin or software which can be installed to help wmp crop the video? Anyways thanks for the reply but I do not think I would be buying a new monitor.[/QUOTE]

Use the ORIGINAL source and create a new divx.