Crop problem

I have problem with crop in the file to mobile, the auto crop and manual crop shows crop area but the result is strange there is black borders all around the picture.

Is this with all movies or just a certain one?

ca 6-10 of them converted in difrent batches

hi,

Which output profile is your using ?

sometime the output size is special requested by the profile, we will add the blackbar to make sure the output size is compatible with device.

Generic,

What resolution do you use and wich generic profile do you mean exact ?

Can’t reproduce your problem. Crop is working perfectly for me.
No problems on PC and several DVD players.

[B]Ups, I did not read “file to mobile”. sorry ![/B]

I didn’t have any problems with cropping but when I use generic profile for mp4 my phone will not play them. Using one of the ipod mp4 formats works though I use a LG KM900 and it can play a variety of video formats

The source is a ts file from a Topfield DVBT reciever
profile avi
xvid, 2pass, 1206
mp3, Dolby Logic II, 96

[QUOTE=YeuEmMaiMai;2307789]I didn’t have any problems with cropping but when I use generic profile for mp4 my phone will not play them. Using one of the ipod mp4 formats works though I use a LG KM900 and it can play a variety of video formats[/QUOTE]Please start your own thread for unrelated problems. This makes it hard to follow the original discussion.

From Original file

From encoded file

I see black borders only on the sides. It also looks like the aspect ratio is wrong on the ones that have the black borders: objects are tool tall, circles are ellipses. Make sure the output aspect ratio matches that of the cropped original.

OK the last one only had black borders at the side.

Your answer only makes me more confused, do you really say that I always have to check what automatic crop is doing?

From automatic crop.
The preview picture looks fine, original size is 720x576, original aspect ratio is 1.42:1, crop aspect ratio is 1.81:1,

Resolution 640x354, 0.213, 1.80791

[QUOTE=MarijoEdlund;2407760]OK the last one only had black borders at the side.

Your answer only makes me more confused, do you really say that I always have to check what automatic crop is doing?

From automatic crop.
The preview picture looks fine, original size is 720x576, original aspect ratio is 1.42:1, crop aspect ratio is 1.81:1,

Resolution 640x354, 0.213, 1.80791[/QUOTE]It looks like DVDFab is adding the black borders on the sides, which is why the image looks stretched. The output aspect ratio of 1.80791 includes the black bars and it should not, so the active video is squeezed from the sides making everything look taller. The 1.80791 should be active video only. I do not know why it is not, but I think it may be the way the original file was encoded from its source DVD. What is the title of this movie? I would like to test it myself.

Normally you do not need to check every conversion, but it only takes a moment and all the information is on the “Advanced Resolution Settings” page.

as mentioned earlier Its a DVB TS file from a Topfield DVBT receiver not from a DVD.

Then either the file was not written with correct aspect ratio information or DVDFab is not reading it correctly. No way to tell without having the file.

that specific one was jumper and is 2.5GB
I’ve got some childprograms as well they are about 400MB

Too big to email. If you can make one from a widescreen movie that is smaller by stating and then stopping the DVR, I will send you an email address that accepts file attachments up to 20 MB. What player software are you using?

I’m currently testing om Videolan but the endresult shall be shown on a TViX and a PS2 witn SMS.

I’m going to send the files back to the Topfield and cut out a section.

Great, I’ll send you the email address in a PM.