Creative X Fi Titanium HD analog out

vbimport

This is probably a really stupid question but I have spent the last 3 hours or so struggling to get my new (second hand) X Fi Hd to work. I tried with speakers, headphones in different analogue outs and even switched it to a different spare PCIe slot on my motherboard. Eventually I gave up and plugged it into my media centre and tried with my headphones and had the same problem. However the optical output plugged into my AV receiver worked fine. Whatever I try and do it outputs from the optical output and just the occasional click and pop through the analog output.

Please can someone tell me where I am going wrong?

Also the software is an absolute piece of garbage.

Do you have the Analog output(s) selected as the default Audio device? Below are the devices my PC have. I have, as you can see, chosen the HDMI feed to my monitor as the default.

[QUOTE=Elite Evil;2659767]This is probably a really stupid question but I have spent the last 3 hours or so struggling to get my new (second hand) X Fi Hd to work. I tried with speakers, headphones in different analogue outs and even switched it to a different spare PCIe slot on my motherboard. Eventually I gave up and plugged it into my media centre and tried with my headphones and had the same problem. However the optical output plugged into my AV receiver worked fine. Whatever I try and do it outputs from the optical output and just the occasional click and pop through the analog output.

Please can someone tell me where I am going wrong?

Also the software is an absolute piece of garbage.[/QUOTE]In the sound properties as olyteddy has pictured above, what device did you have selected? If you haven’t tried try selecting the “[B]speakers[/B]” option as the output, Yours probably wont say realtek like above but it will say Speakers. When you set it as digital it runs through the spdif hence why it’s working fine though the optical but not any other.

Yes that is what I have, I have also tried switching and switching back and muting optical but it doesn’t make any difference - the optical is still outputting as it is glowing and making a red blob on the wall still.

If I ask to output through SPDIF nothing is played through the speakers but when I switch back to analogue it thinks it is working normally but just outputs the occasional pop. The optical output is still lighting up and outputting something.

Another couple of questions: Is MPC assigned to the speaker out (check the Volume Mixer) and does any source play through the analog?

I don’t know how to show you that in MPC but I can show you in foobar. All programs output the same sounds - is almost like it is outputting as coax or some other digital signal?

Right click the little speaker icon in the notification area (lower right corner of your screen) and open the volume mixer. Does your player show up when the speakers device is selected?

What are the options in the creative software? [I]There should be an output setting somewhere in it.(seen it in the pic above)[/I] Is there more output options besides speakers in the X-FI software?

Slayerking:

Olyteddy:

online photo sharing

@[B]Elite Evil[/B]

I know this may be a stupid question but did you setup your speakers through WMC ?

I had this issue and couldn’t get my speakers working no matter if speakers connected to the Creative X Fi SB was default or not until I setup them up within WMC, which I believe the problem is caused from the system not know what [B]type of connection the speakers are using[/B]…

and/or the [B]type of speaker syatem you are using[/B]…

[B]SJ[/B]

Thanks for the suggestion, I had not tried that, sadly it didn’t work. I have also tried uninstalling the K lite codec pack as that is the only similarity I can think of between the 2 machines I used but that also didn’t work.

I have made a recording of the sound I am getting - this is dragonforce (a really loud recording) on max volume and with my speakers up to maximum.

Here is a photo of the back of the card:

XfiTitanium.zip (35.7 KB)

Hi Elite Evil

Sorry to hear that didn’t help :frowning:

I noticed that you stated that the Creative X Fi SB card is scond hand rather then new, are you sure it has not been damaged somehow ?

Since you have another rig with a working Creative X Fi SB card installed may I suggest you take that Creative X Fi SB card that does work and put it in the rig that is giving you the no sound to see if you still have no sound, this would let you know if it is the “scond hand” sound card is bad or just a system setting issue.

[B]SJ[/B]

In my last reply I think I got your problem mixed up with another thread as far as having another rig with the same sound card, so if you don’t have another rig with the same setup sorry…

However with yours being second hand there is a strong possibility it is damaged somehow.

I think I am coming to the same conclusion, hopefully he will take it back. He sent the original receipt with it Feb 2012 so he should be able to return it and get more money than he did from me in the first place. Win/Win situation.