Creative CDRW 2410E RW Question

Hi,
On a previous thread it was stated that the Creative Labs CDRW 2410E could actually be a rebadged LTR-24102B if it looked similar to the Lite-On picture that was linked.

Could I safely assume that since my burner is a Creative CDRW 2410E and looks almost identical to the Lite-On, that it is a rebadged Lite-On?
And if so, could I then use the Lite-On firmware to ‘update’ my burner? (Currently it is 5CS4)

Also, a Princo re-writable CD came with the burner, but whenever I go to write to it, the highest re-write speed that can be selected is 4X. The RW supports 4X-10X, and the burner supports 10X. I have the latest version of Nero (5.5.10.0.) Alcohol 120% also doesnt allow more than 4X.

The drive works perfectly, I just cant re-write higher than 4X. A friend came over to get some programs off of me and I burnt them to his RW. He has a Lite-On 40-12-48 (I think) and blow me down if suddenly I could perfectly burn on the RW at 10X.
Could it be the Princo RW that is stopping me from writing to it at 10X?

Anyway, if you can help it will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Savannah.

Originally posted by Savannah

Could I safely assume that since my burner is a Creative CDRW 2410E and looks almost identical to the Lite-On, that it is a rebadged Lite-On?
And if so, could I then use the Lite-On firmware to ‘update’ my burner? (Currently it is 5CS4)

Hi, Savannah.

What exactly did you mean by “almost” ? Like [COLOR=indigo]this one or not ?[/COLOR]
If yes, then download and unzip 5S5A & get mtkflash148 , read [COLOR=indigo]MTKFLASH guide and just follow the procedure .

Good luck ! [/COLOR] :wink:

Thats a whole heap for the quick reply :slight_smile:

What I meant by almost was, I suppose paranoia, because this is the first time I’ve ever ‘flashed’ anything. But with the guide I think it will be easy as pie.

The front facia is exactly the same except for the writing (Creative Brand and that Compact Disc certification logo), but everything else is exactly the same.

Once again, thank you for your help. :bow:

Savannah.

So then it will flash it to a Lite-On 24102B which according to OC- Freak cannot be overclocked?

Also will it work if I use the LTR-24102B-BIN.exe from alexnoe’s UNI’s website? (The file you suggested is an executable and I have no idea how to use it and MTKFLASH.EXE together)

http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~noe/LiteOn/Firmwares/

Thanks again.

Savannah. :bigsmile:

Originally posted by Savannah

Also will it work if I use the LTR-24102B-BIN.exe from alexnoe’s UNI’s website?

There are 6 files zipped there. Unzip the file and use the one mentioned above.

Thank You, so very very much.

:bow:

Savannah.

EDIT

Ive flashed it and it works perfectly. Again, thanks. Lite-On 24102B :bigsmile: