Creative audigy2 platinumEX- external I/O module

vbimport

ermmm… i chose a ‘Creative’ soundcard for my new comp… and the package included an external I/O module (bear in mind that i m a newb) which i tried to install along with the soundcard…

well the problem is… the internal soundcard was detected and installed properly too, but the external I/O module wasnt even detected , and i did exactly what is said on the manual…

so plz help if u can… :bow: i m dying to get it installed… :sad:

I’m not familiar with that model. How does it connect to the sound card? If it’s similar to the Audigy 2 Platinum ZS, there is a clip connector that snaps onto the card’s backplane. Make sure that is correctly and securely connected. To make sure, remove and re-connect.

ermm, yes , it is definitely and securly connected…

and yes, the internal soundcard is connected to the external I/O module via an ‘AD_LINK cable’ (consists of 2 ports, a big clip connector and a small non-clip connector)…

I had a problem when I first installed my ZS system. The cable seemed secure, but wasn’t. Already had an RMA from Creative before I tried re-connecting and the problem went away. Sorry that’s not the case for you.

i fink ZS is basicly a new upgrade compared to EX… they both perform similar things…

and i m sure i connected the cables correctly… mebbe theres somfin wrong with the cables ??? or it might hav been damaged, cos i bought it while i was on holiday and i had to check-it-in…