Creative 12x

vbimport

Hi I own a Creative 12x10x32x (Creative CD-RW1210E) I have seen on numerous sites that this burner is a rebadged PLEXTOR PX-W1210A. If this is true is their any way i can flash with the Plextor firmware and if their is will i get better performance then the current firmware?
Thanks
Stewy

your creative CD-RW 1210E is not a rebaged plextor, but a
rebaged lite on 12101b.
It’s a pitty that it is not a lite on 12102b

The creative 121032 is a rebaged plextor.

There are 2 creative’s with that speed and if you had a 121032,
than you had a plextor but the 1210E is a lite on.

I know this because I had have a creative CD-RW 1210E for my
self, but after having contact with creative they told me that there
will never be a newer firmware for the burner.

So i brought it back to the shop and bought a plextor 2410TA

With Creatives 1210e firmware LCS6 DAO-RAW isn’t supported. So you must use SAO RAW when you try to burn with CloneCD. You can make copies of SD1 and SD2 (with AWS) and some other protection schemes with this mode, but you can’t make copies of securom and laserlock protected games.

Creative 1210e is a rebadged Lite On 12101B. If you can get a DOS vers. of firmware LS38 you can use PKFLASH in dos to make your drive a LITE ON with DAO RAW support.

It’s your choice, you can of course make your drive useless with a flash failure. But that was a risk I was willing to take, and now I have a Lite On. It works, trust me. But again if anything goes wrong…Don’t say I didn’t warn you about the risks…

If i flash my drive and it does stuff up cant i reformat my drive and install normal drivers? also where can i find out more about this and where can i get all utilities needed to do this?
Thanx