Creation DVD files not successful

When trying to copy Memoirs of a Geisha, I get an error message:
Creation dvd files not successful scheduler OE:/video_ts/vts_01_1 VOB: 23 read error TCSector Reader TCE

Does anyone know what this means. I am using clone dvd/anydvd

Do you have latest versions of these softwares?

not sure…whats the latest versions??? :doh:

I don’t know… Check it :slight_smile:

when referring ot software programs always post the version NUMBERS. if you are not running the latest versions of the software as indicated by the developer’s website then update and attempt your action again before posting.

outdated software can cause many problems.

I think this is not a software problem. Should be a bad press, scratched disk or a faulty drive that gives the read error.
When I backup ‘Memoirs of a geisha’ I was using CloneDVD2 2882 & AnyDVD 5841. Since then I have backup 20 more movies without doing any updating. Movies including ‘Underworld evolutions, Firewall, Pink Panther, The Alibi’

Sometimes there are variations between various versions according to the region, so getting the latest versions of anydvd and clonedvd don’t hurt.

Anyway I agree: it could be a scratched or dirty disc that cause problems :iagree:

You may be right about the different regions & the different variations. Region 3 DVDs are easier to backup but ‘Underworld Evolutions & Firewall’ are Region 1. I backup several Japanese Animation DVDs also Region 1 with my out of date AnyDVD & CloneDVD.
It’s not that I don’t like to update but like the great American quote ‘If it’s ain’t broke, why change?’

while it might not be broken, there are improvements.

either way, you’re obviously free to do what you want, but I hope that if you run into a problem, the first thing you do is update. out of date software is one of the #1 reasons for support call/e-mail volume not to mention threads on this site that could have been solved with a simple update.

Tristan and Isolde [WS] Has anyone copyed this movie? I’ve tryed 7 times without suc.During the copying process to harddrive, Goes as far as 65%, clone dvd stops and locks up. I have the latess upgrades.