I realize this is not the winamp site, but found an old thread over there and was wondering if anyone here has ever tried this? In particular with newer versions of winamp?
Basically, I would like to build a CD or DVD image that I can have holiday music stored on along with winamp and then be able to insert into any computer and have it autorun.
The reason I'm posting here is, there's not much interest over at the winamp forum for doing such a thing. The following is the procedure I found on the winamp forums:
[B]1. I created a directory d:\mp3
2. I created a direcotry d:\mp3\CD2 and put all of my mp3
files into it.
3. I downloaded the winamp3 installer and installed it into
4. I loaded winamp3, added all of the mp3 from the CD2 directory
into it and saved the playlist as all.m3u
The m3u file has 2 lines per mp3 file, such as:
EXTINF:221,Bassic - Artificial
CD2\NewAge\Bassic - Artificial.mp3
5. I created a file d:\mp3\AutoRun.inf with this content:
open = WINAMP3\STUDIO.EXE ALL.M3U
icon = WINAMP3\STUDIO.EXE
6. I wrote the contents of d:\mp3 to a data CD.
7. I popped the CD into my laptop and when I did, it
read the CD and then after a while it told me that studio.exe
generated an error and had to be shut down.
I want to have winamp3 on the CD itself since I dont want
to require winamp to be installed on a machine that I
put the CD into.[/B]