Creating mini-HD-DVD in Nero

So, the latest revision of NeroVision now has the option of creating HD-DVD on DVD+/-R. (mini-HD-DVD)

Is anyone doing this? If so, what are you using to convert EVO streams to video and audio streams that Nero will use?

you sure? where can i found that option?

nekrosoft, you need to have Blu-ray and HD DVD plugins installed and Nero Vision 5 will show “Make HD DVD Disc”, also “Make Blu-ray Disc”. :wink:

CDan, interesting that when I clicked Make HD DVD, it supports many files including m2ts and ts files. I haven’t try this yet.

[QUOTE=nekrosoft13;1965054]you sure? where can i found that option?[/QUOTE]

It’s in the drop list for create DVD.

As far as I can see, there’s no tools that are easy to use for the conversions. So it’s really more work that it’s worth to try to back up HD-DVD titles this way. But if there was a relatively simple way to convert and split to several DVD’s, it would be fun to try.

Yes true, since the video is H.264 or VC-1, there is no native editors for those formats at the moment, even if you demux to mpv or wmv you will need interim softwares to convert it further. A lot of work but might be fun.

HD-DVD in Blu-ray

Vision accepts EVO files

just Audio doesn’t works, I will try demux evo files and grab AC3 audio

btw it can also auto re-encode EVO files, I can fit 2 HD-DVD on 25GB Blu-ray. Just need to play around with the audio

Try “eac3to” to convert DD plus.

Maybe we can split this thread?

[QUOTE=nekrosoft13;1965123]HD-DVD in Blu-ray

Vision accepts EVO files

just Audio doesn’t works, I will try demux evo files and grab AC3 audio[/quote]

It does not accept EVO files here. :confused: At least not for HD-DVD projects.

you have to select “all files” and then just open EVO

[QUOTE=zevia;1965131]Try “eac3to” to convert DD plus.

Maybe we can split this thread?[/QUOTE]

eac3to won’t work with nero8

[QUOTE=nekrosoft13;1965170]you have to select “all files” and then just open EVO[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure what’s different there than here, but Vision does not even see EVO files here, much less import them.

Edit: Duh…figured it out finally. Now all one has to do is figure out how to feed it EVOs with supported audio.

[B]IT WORKS![/B]

I fed it some SD-DVD with DD 5:1 and it created the mini-HD. I wrote the files to HDD, then burned them with Nero as a UDF 2.5 ROM on DL media. My Toshiba A3 opens the disc and plays it just great. Only problem is that Vision does not know what to do with 4:3, it only makes 16:9 and pillar-boxes 4:3. The quality options are a bit limited as well. Encoding runs at close to 0.5x here.

is there any other way to convert DD+ to AC3?

[QUOTE=nekrosoft13;1965449]is there any other way to convert DD+ to AC3?[/QUOTE]

There’s supposed to be a way with EAC3to using a Sonic decoder, but I haven’t found that yet. A few people report success with Nero decoder, but not me.

i would have to uninstall nero 8, because it won’t work with 8

[QUOTE=nekrosoft13;1965590]i would have to uninstall nero 8, because it won’t work with 8[/QUOTE]

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?p=76226

hmm, don’t understand this part

1. Start EVOdemux, change the audio output to WAV.
    1.1 Browse the Evo files you want to demux (like feature_1.evo)
    1.2 Deselect the Audio Files that you don’t need (like DD+.stream00)

I only checked one HD-DVD, it only had DD+ streams, there was no WAV

[QUOTE=nekrosoft13;1965648]hmm, don’t understand this part

1. Start EVOdemux, change the audio output to WAV.
    1.1 Browse the Evo files you want to demux (like feature_1.evo)
    1.2 Deselect the Audio Files that you don’t need (like DD+.stream00)

I only checked one HD-DVD, it only had DD+ streams, there was no WAV[/QUOTE]

You re-name the demuxed audio file to wave. There also an option in in EVODemux to name the file extensions. I found that it’s not necessary to name it to wave, but I think that might be to trick Nero into reading it.

I found the Sonic HD-DVD decoder that’s supposed to work:

http://rapidshare.com/files/41458559/CPDECPACK.rar

I tried with Nero 8.2.8.0 and it didn’t work. With Nero 7.9.6.0 on my other PC it works.

I dont know who to associate the sonic audio decoder into eac3to. :confused: