Creating DVD data cd?

Hi there people.

I got a weird issue. I have liteon sohw-812s & softwares like alcohol 120%, nero 6 & sonic record now dx - princo DVD-R as media

Now I’ve tried burning ps2/xbox games with alcohol 120% and they burn fine & work without any problems.

Now I was trying to backup my own data(doc’s/zipped files/some movie files) - which I did in DAO mode using both romeo(using the NTI DVD platinum trial) & joliet(nero) - they burn all right but it can read what it just burnt?

I tried putting the working ps2 dvd’s in the drive - they can be read but when I created my own data can’t even read? What gives? Can anyone please shed some light on this matter - already wasted 3 dvd-r’s. Is there a proper setting I need to create a data cd? Thanks in advance :bow:

What’s a “DVD data CD”?

>already wasted 3 dvd-r’s. Is there a proper setting I need to
>create a data cd?

That, makes no sense.

Are you creating a data DVD?

Excuse the error’s.

Yes I’m trying to create a data dvd - it’s failing to to read what it just wrote.

I use Nero to make data DVDs

As for the settings, it depends on how big the individual files are on the dvd as to what settings you need to use. A dvd(iso) type can only read files under 2.2 GB. This is of course bad for a driveimage that is 3 or 4 GB in size for example. In such a case you should choose dvd(udf) or dvd(udf/iso). For normal files, (that are all under 2.2 GB), you can use dvd(iso) setting, and burn it normally. It should be readable then. You should be ok with DVD(udf) also, regardless of the file sizes. When you burn, make sure you close the DVD if you dont want to make a multisession disk.

Originally posted by kid185
A dvd(iso) type can only read files under 2.2 GB. This is of course bad for a driveimage that is 3 or 4 GB in size for example. In such a case you should choose dvd(udf) or dvd(udf/iso). For normal files, (that are all under 2.2 GB), you can use dvd(iso) setting, and burn it normally.

Thanks mate your advice worked. I had this xbox iso image in one 3.8GB zip but when I chopped’em in 1GB each all problem gone. Thanks again :slight_smile: