Creating cue sheet for wave file

vbimport

Had a quick search and can’t find what I’m looking for. I have a cd length wave file recorded at a friends gig but want to burn it with access to the 21 tracks on it. I also don’t want to create any gaps as that would spoil the banter and flow of the music. How do I do this as simply as possible?

I have EAC, Soundforge, Cool Edit Pro…

Any help would be much appreciated

JB

There are several ways to get the same result, it’s up to you to decide what you find to be the easiest way:

1. Use a WAV editor (I’m pretty sure CoolEdit handles WAV files) and cut up the WAV file, open Nero and select the files you want to burn, in the left window of Nero select all the tracks except the first track, right click --> properties and set pause to 0 (default is 2).
    Burn the CD

2. Use EAC (Free program), start EAC --> Tools --> Process WAV… open the WAV file.
    From the Cue Sheet menu choose “Create CUE Sheet”, now place the cursor where the second track (track 1 starts at 0 anyway) should start (Use the zoom and play options for accuracy).
    When you’re happy choose “CD Sector Adjustment” from the “Edit” menu and then “CUE Sheet” -> “Insert” -> “Track Start”.

Repeat this for each track.

When you’re done hit “Save CUE Sheet” from the “CUE Sheet” menu.

That’s it

1. Find a program that’s easier to use, maybe “Cue Sheet Generator” from JMS Audioware will do the trick ($50)

Originally posted by KILLorBE
[B]

1. Use a WAV editor (I’m pretty sure CoolEdit handles WAV files) and cut up the WAV file, open Nero and select the files you want to burn, in the left window of Nero select all the tracks except the first track, right click --> properties and set pause to 0 (default is 2).
    Burn the CD
    [/B]

That option has a problem: Nero can’t burn those WAVs without cutting some samples at the end of the tracks.

It could cause “blips” between transitions.

If you use Feurio (with “Do not insert pauses between tracks”) instead of Nero, it will work.

Anyway, I think it’s easier to use the “Split” functions you can find in Nero or Feurio!.
This way, the original file won’t be modified. The splits are made “on the fly” while burning, and they mantain perfect transitions.

A cuesheet will of course work, but it’s a bit harder.

Thanks for your reply.

I guess I couldn’t think straight after trying all night, just burning it with EAC as I write. I already had the file on Soundforge and had created regions. I then extracted these and put the files into EAC and have burned that. Just waiting for it to pop out so that I can test it.

It’s worked :bigsmile:

Thanks Again