Creating a 1:1 perfect copy need help!

vbimport

Hi, i am currently using a TDK Cyclone482448B cdrw drive. I am not sure if my drive is a Lite-on, but i assume it is as i have a blue cd tray as i heard from people that cyclone drive with a blue tray is most likely a lite-on version. I used nero info tool and the firmware it reported was S7S3.

I am trying to run the cd from a non cd writer drive. After i click the play raven shield icon, it seems like it is going to start, but will promt me to insert CD instead. I used clonyXXL to scan the disc and it says SAFEDISC protected instead of SAFEDISC 2 like what others say, then i used Alcohol 120% to make the image using SAFEDISC settings and then burn using Alcohol oso using SAFEDISC setting. I know when imaging, the errors detected is normal. I image and save the file as a .ccd file...

I am trying to make a backup to safekeep my CD, and secondly so that i can play at my gf's non writer PC even though the original cd is at home for my brother to play. Please help guys, pardon me, abit lengthy, thanks in advance for any advice guys.
:confused:

hi,
try this - if it doesnt work your recorder is not “good enough” for the new safediscs (it’s just a sd 2.8 - not soooo hard…) :wink:

1. start alcohol (latest version)

2. insert cd 2 (play cd) into the burner

3. goto make image…

4. choose burner as read device, select profile SAFEDISC 2(!)

5. change read spead to 4x

6. next

7. change location for image file

8. start

9. wait for the cd to be read (extraction errors at the beginning are ok)

10. when ready, start the record mode

11. choose image file

12. next

13. profile SAFEDISC 2(!)

14. change write speed to 4x (!)

15. start

16. when finished, try the cd from a normal drive, not a burner…
    greetz,
    Raz

thanks for your advice, i will definately go try the settings u gave, by the way, i was advice by others to set the Ignore media type setting on the system tray, do i need to include this setting into the steps u provided to burn a perfect 1:1 copy that will play on normal cd-rom drives and free from any emulations? Thanks a million brother…

hi,
no, ignore media is only required if u want to play your backup from your burner… if you enable this, your burner won’t identify the cd-r as a cd-r but as a normal cd…
but if you want to play from a normal dvd-/cd-drive you don’t need it…
and: later versions of safedisc have blacklisted tools which enable to ignore media, such as clone-cd-tray or alc120 which means that even the original cd won’t start up if such a toos is found activated…
and: deactivate your virtual drives - those are blacklistet, too…
so, give it a try without that option enabled.
greetz,
Raz

But one point: nightwolf wants a “perfect” 1:1 copy, and you, Razor, are telling him that he has to use the Safedisk 2 Profile that comes with “Bypass EFM error” selected. This provides EWS (EMULATE Weak Sectors) and then never could be a 1:1 copy.

So it’s why people choose SAFEDISC profile. To make a “perfect” 1:1 copy without EWS.

So, Dufroise, are you suggesting that i try to disable the bypass EFM error so that EWS will not come in action? Thanks

Originally posted by Dufroise
[B]But one point: nightwolf wants a “perfect” 1:1 copy, and you, Razor, are telling him that he has to use the Safedisk 2 Profile that comes with “Bypass EFM error” selected. This provides EWS (EMULATE Weak Sectors) and then never could be a 1:1 copy.

So it’s why people choose SAFEDISC profile. To make a “perfect” 1:1 copy without EWS. [/B]

You are wrong: Bypass EFM doesn’t emulate anything! EWS means Enanche weak sectors (in Blindwrite) and is the same of AWS (Amplify Weak Sectors in CloneCD) and Bypass EFM (Alcohol 120%)! It simply amplify weak sector in a way your burner can write it correctly!
A copy made with EWS/AWS/Bypass EFM that works in all drives is the same of a copy made with a burner that can write weak sectors without software help! There isn’t any sort of emulation! :slight_smile:

ok, i have tried using both safedisc1 and Safedisc2 settings already, but to no avail, once i remove alco120 and clonecd, so that no emulation will take place, but the cd prompts for insert cd just like what it happens the first few times…But when alco120 was present, even though ignore media type was set to on, the game can play. That was what its happens when i am using cdrw to try out first. No matter which settings i used, its always alco present, it works, alco not present, it fails. I have oso noticed that alco120 has already enabled the setting of “ignore media type” by default, so i am at my wits now. Both settings i have tried to bypass EFM error and enable ignore media type but to no success.

By the way, the previous time i told u guys i use clonyxxl to scan the raven sheild disc 2 rite? And it shows sd, not sd2, now i use another type of protector “protect version” to scan and it shows this ---->
Safedisc - 3.10.20 i think its detecting either sdv1 again…or its sd3.10 this time…

I am thinking of trying Discjuggler as i heard it is the only ware rite now that is capable of reading/writing the pregap correctly and i oso understand the pregap is oso drive dependent. I remember seeing a thread here about downloading the discjuggler version X.25 or wat, but i can’t seem to find the thread here anymore…anyone can help?? Thanks in advance…

You can download a trial version of discjuggler here.

Note though that if you want to play the copy from a writer, you’ll still need an atip hiding utility such as alcohol’s ignore media type or clonecd’s hide cdr media to be enabled.

just wanted to say that my plex premium (fw 1.05) copies sd 2.9+ “perfect” using the safedisc (NOT safedisc 2) profile in alc 120.
tested it today with 3 different games in 4 different readers… :wink:
greetz,
Raz

What you basically need to know is WHAT protection is beeing used on the cd …

To know the protection, i use Protection ID … just scan your disk and it will tell you the protection that is beeing used !

Knowing that, all you have to do is using Alcohol 120 to make an image (i use “iso”), and choose the type of protection…

I copied so called “hard-to-copy” games (NFSU) soooo easily …

:wink: