Creating a 1:1 Copy of UT 2003?

I still cannot create a 1:1 copy of UT 2003.

When I use BlindWrite it creates a copy that works. But the game needs 1 minute to accept the copy when I start the game. With the original CD, the game starts immediately. So this is no 1:1 copy fo me, although it is a working copy in a way.

What I want is to create a 1:1 copy, so that at least on my burner the game recognizes the copy immediately when the game starts.

Is this possible? If yes, how?

A “Perfect” 1:1 copy is not possible. What Blindwrite does is “trick” the Securom guard module into thinking it’s a original. It works but the authentication takes a bit longer.

There are no guarantees with the latest versions of securom so you should be thankful you’ve got a working copy.

However, if you want to try for a better copy than the one you’ve got, you could try using blackcheck’s twinpeak tool. This is what I use for the latest securom as blindwrite doesn’t work at all for me with these cds.

With twinpeak, all I do is-

• make an image with clonecd (gamecd profile)
  • use blindwrite’s physical characteristic dumper at 8x to make a bwa file
  • patch the clonecd image with twinpeak (twinsector step set at 15)
  • burn the patched image with clonecd at 8x using the gamecd profile (select the option to leave the toc unchanged and burn to the end of the image file when asked; it’s the first option and is selected by default).

The copies I’ve made in this way not only install correctly from my Ltd-163 but they actually verify and load slightly faster than the original cds.

I tried twinpeaks but I didn’t use twinsector step and used Securom profile when burning. The result was that the game needed 3 minutes to start but mostly didn’t start at all with the copy. Do you think using twinsector step and game profile will remove these problems? Or is there even a new twinpeaks version? I used 0.1 I think.

Current twinpeak version is 0.2 and it now has a simple gui.

nealh found that “no-subs” read backup took longer to verify than a SecuROM with a subs read - maybe try a subs read?

Originally posted by philamber
Current twinpeak version is 0.2 and it now has a simple gui.

Where can I download it? Please already compiled.

See this thread.

Is it possible to manufacture a burner which copies Securom protected games perfectly, without having to use tricks like Twinpeaks?

once you have made a good working backup using twinpeak, bw and CCD, can you copy the backup to make a second copy easily (ie with only CCD/only Alcohl 120%), or do you have to go through the process of using the 3 appz again?

The reason i ask is i am ready to buy hitman2 + ut2003 but i aint gonna get it unless the backups are fairly easy to make after the 1st one …

Originally posted by shuebhussain
once you have made a good working backup using twinpeak, bw and CCD, can you copy the backup to make a second copy easily (ie with only CCD/only Alcohl 120%), or do you have to go through the process of using the 3 appz again?

No, you’ll have to go through the process again and, you’ll probably have to use either the original cd to do so or else use the original bwa file (you should save this anyway) with a non-bwa/twinpeak copy.

This solution is not acceptable.

Burner manufacturers and copy software programmers should provide a clean solution.

mafiamafiamafia - give it time, my friend …