Created iso. Reconised as DVD-Rom can i burn to Blu ray to?

vbimport

Hi everyone.
I created a iso image in ImgBurn with UDF 1.02 + ISO + Joliet.
When i mount the image its Reconised as a DVDV-ROM.
Would i be a problem to also burn it on a Bluray disc or is the iso file not mastered right then to do that ?
Will it eventually not be a good blu ray if i burn it using the same image ?
Or does it really not matther.
Any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance !

If an image fits, you can burn it on whatever type of disc you want (with the exception of proper audio CDs).

[QUOTE=LIGHTNING UK!;2750473]If an image fits, you can burn it on whatever type of disc you want (with the exception of proper audio CDs).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the fast respond and yes it fits its normally for a dvd5 but i also want to back it up on blu ray without the need to create another image file.
Should i also use the MDS file with the iso when i burn it to a blu ray disc or only iso ?
Also nero its standard udfsystelm for blu ray data disc is also 1.02 so i guess thats the most compitable.
Also when i choose in ImgBurn the iso 1999 and level x in joliet and i save to iso does the iso contains the setrings i picked ?
Thanks in advance.

If the mds exists, pick it. The program will only tell you off of you don’t :wink:

The filesystem options don’t really matter for a data disc and are all valid on all types of media. So long as you’ve got UDF (for Unicode and long file names) in there somewhere (which you have), you’re good to go.

The filesystem contained within the ISO has been built with the options you selected. The settings don’t apply to the actual burning phase, just creation.

[QUOTE=LIGHTNING UK!;2750477]If the mds exists, pick it. The program will only tell you off of you don’t :wink:

The filesystem options don’t really matter for a data disc and are all valid on all types of media. So long as you’ve got UDF (for Unicode and long file names) in there somewhere (which you have), you’re good to go.

The filesystem contained within the ISO has been built with the options you selected. The settings don’t apply to the actual burning phase, just creation.[/QUOTE]

How do you mean ? So it will not burn the settings i picked when i burn the iso to the blu ray ?

You build the ISO with the filesystem settings you want and that’s it.

After that you’re basically just ‘moving’ it to the sectors on the disc. You read a chunk of the disc image (ISO) and write that exact same chunk to the disc without modification.

It’s like filling a box with stuff and moving it between houses. No matter where it ends up, the box will still contain the bits you put in it in that first house.

[QUOTE=LIGHTNING UK!;2750484]You build the ISO with the filesystem settings you want and that’s it.

After that you’re basically just ‘moving’ it to the sectors on the disc. You read a chunk of the disc image (ISO) and write that exact same chunk to the disc without modification.

It’s like filling a box with stuff and moving it between houses. No matter where it ends up, the box will still contain the bits you put in it in that first house.[/QUOTE]

Ok thank you for all this information now im not worried to burn the iso on a blu ray blank, its just very important data so i dont care to waiste space the data is very valeuble.
i save dit in mode1 i think thats automaticly disc/session at once burning ?
Is there also a way the check a iso or a burned disc wich settings are used like iso level etc after it just if you want to check it again in the future or anything?

You can check the filesystems present and UDF version being used (ImgBurn’s Read mode will tell you that), but not specific iso9660 or Joliet settings.