Created Good SafeDisc2 burn, but is this right? Plz help

vbimport

I burned a SafeDisc 2 protected CD with CloneCD 4 succesfully. Problem is I'm not sure if it will work in a non-plextor drive, I heard that some SD2 burns are dependant and only work for that one drive.

I have a Plextor 8/4/32A by the way and burned it with Amplify Weak Sectors checked. I need to have Hide CDR on for it to work, otherwise I get the re-insert game cd error when launching game. I have a Creative 52X, but when I put my burned CD in there it loads for ever during the game splash screen and eventually gives me an error that drive is not ready.

Does that mean I made a succesfull burn but my Creative 52X is crap for use with SD2 CD's, or did I make one of those plextor dependant burns?

Originally posted by mazda626king
Does that mean I made a succesfull burn but my Creative 52X is crap for use with SD2 CD’s, or did I make one of those plextor dependant burns?
I think your second statement is probably the case. Plextor is know to make back-ups that work in the recorder only. However I don’t think the Creative is a great reader so the back-up might also work in different CD-ROMs. The only way to know this is to test… The Toshiba DVD-ROMs are a good test for SafeDisc 2 back-ups.