Create Protected Disk and Lite-On Blu-ray Burners

vbimport

Is it true that Lite on Blu Ray Burners have issues with the Create a Protected disk feature in DVD Fab? Searched but could not get a definitive answer. Currently thinking of buying the Lite-On IHBS 112-04 -OEM model. Any help appreciated.

[QUOTE=aust3333;2620811]Is it true that Lite on Blu Ray Burners have issues with the Create a Protected disk feature in DVD Fab? Searched but could not get a definitive answer. Currently thinking of buying the Lite-On IHBS 112-04 -OEM model. Any help appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Hi aust3333

I don’t know of any drives that DVDs has issues with except one and it’s not a Lite-On.

What ever drive you decide to get I suggest setting DVDs to use ImgBurn as the default burn engine, because the one that is provide with DVDFab is the VSO burn engine which has known issues with some drives/burners.

[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2620827]Hi aust3333

I don’t know of any drives that DVDs has issues with except one and it’s not a Lite-On.

What ever drive you decide to get I suggest setting DVDs to use ImgBurn as the default burn engine, because the one that is provide with DVDFab is the VSO burn engine which has known issues with some drives/burners.

[B]SJ[/B][/QUOTE]

That one drive would’nt happen to be an Asus drive would it?

[QUOTE=aust3333;2620838]That one drive would’nt happen to be an Asus drive would it?[/QUOTE]

No it’s not I am referring to the Mat[B]shit[/B]a :Z drives, however as stated above using ImgBurn as default burn engine will reduce your chances of drive/burner issues. :wink:

Ok, I finally found the thread about Liteon burners not playing nice with Cinavia. A poster on the DVD Fab forum stated that Liteon burners do not support binding nonce. Poster was CBR929.

[QUOTE=aust3333;2620945]Ok, I finally found the thread about Liteon burners not playing nice with Cinavia. A poster on the DVD Fab forum stated that Liteon burners do not support binding nonce. Poster was CBR929.[/QUOTE]

The link was not necessary and was removed, you may want to get with CBR929 on this, which by the way it seems you have already found the answer to your question. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=aust3333;2620811]Is it true that Lite on Blu Ray Burners have issues with the Create a Protected disk feature in DVD Fab? Searched but could not get a definitive answer. Currently thinking of buying the Lite-On IHBS 112-04 -OEM model. Any help appreciated.[/QUOTE]

That particular model doesn’t support ‘binding nonce generation’ which is required to create protected backups but I’m not sure about other Liteon models.

I’m not aware of any technical reason that would prevent Liteon from adding this capability in a firmware update but currently none of the firmwares for that particular model support it.

The ‘binding nonce’ is a 128 bit key that the drive generates to cryptographically link the data on the disc to that particular disc. It’s part of the AACS specs and is intended to prevent ‘rollback attacks’.

ImgBurn is capable of determining whether a drive supports ‘binding nonce generation’ so if you want to find out about a specific drive all you have to do is ask someone that already has one to check it for you.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I was checking online but there doesn’t seem to be too much there in relation to drive specifications and ‘binding nonce generation’ support.

I’ll pull something together for you though and post some details later.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Wombler,

Thank you very much. This is exactly the information I was looking for. Any further information on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Wombler for making my new Blu-ray burner purchase easier. I am truly grateful.

[QUOTE=aust3333;2621055]Wombler,

Thank you very much. This is exactly the information I was looking for. Any further information on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Wombler for making my new Blu-ray burner purchase easier. I am truly grateful.[/QUOTE]

You’re more than welcome.

Check out the new sticky here.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Thanks again Wombler. I’m sure that sticky is going to help a lot of people.

[QUOTE=aust3333;2621148]Thanks again Wombler. I’m sure that sticky is going to help a lot of people.[/QUOTE]

Well hopefully it will and hopefully it’ll also provide the opportunity for people to help others as well.

[B]Wombler[/B]