Create own dvd protection

vbimport

Hello,

is there a way to make a dvd protection?

I like to make and protect my dvds not cds.

Thank you for your infos…

Short answer: No

Even if you did pay thousands for a industry-strong protection almost anybody with basic computer skills could still copy it without any problems.

Ben :slight_smile:

Hello,

is there a simple way to create error sectors in dvds?
Or a simple protection.

I do not have 1000s of dollars for this.

Or that are secrets for dvds.

ALEX,

LOL - If the MPAA can’t do it - then I doubt you’ll have much luck m8 :wink:

Where is the primary use of the DVD going to be? On a PC or an StandAlone Unit?

As BCN said (he knows his stuff) you are fighting a losing battle - even if you did put digital protection on it - somebody would only stream it off on analogue and re-encode it (without your protection).

Be interested to know what you are trying to protect though :smiley:

MC :smiley:

I found that when I tried to put bad files (made with the sheep test) on a DVD to try and protect it my burner just failed to write it.

I have tried a few things myself, and I would consider some other method of protection, for example if you just need to give a disc to a few people, why not put there name somewhere on the video (where it is hard to remove). Watermarking is probably the best protection around.

Ben :slight_smile:

Watermarking is good for identifying leaks, but doesn’t stop it being copied - which I should imagine is Alex’s ultimate goal :frowning:

Alex - what is it? - Perhaps you could just stream it via Internet - if they have b/b - don’t need to necessarily send out a DVD?

MC :smiley:

heya, kinda late reaction I know, but I’m looking for any copy protection. does not matter that it is able to be broken(everything is I know)

But here’s the thing. I borrow my ‘home made’ dvd’s to a friend(he is not so smart-> does not know nothing about programs who break copyprotection)

anyway he borrows my dvd, put’s it in one of its dvd drives, puts an empty dvd in its dvd-burner drive. Nero-> copy dvd fixed.

So I guess there has to be SOME protection that Nero can’t ‘beat’ without other help?

Some help pls xD thx.

uninformed people asking stupid questions (he is not so smart) seems to be a two way problem.

the question has been answered many times in many forums and people like yourself are too lazy to read and learn

[quote=colw;2001759]uninformed people asking stupid questions (he is not so smart) seems to be a two way problem.

the question has been answered many times in many forums and people like yourself are too lazy to read and learn[/quote]

-.-" learn to read.

I asked any protection against copying with Nero.
I know that there isn’t any unbeatable copy protection!!
I’m not looking for that either !
just looking for something that says: you cant copy this with NERO BURNING ROM becasue it has some protection!!

I know that that protection is easy to crack with any program, but my friend does not know that!

@colw

I deleted and your first post next time you’ll have a little break as I don’t tolerate this behavior here toward other members! Watch your language and see this as a warning :cop:

@ploert

Removed your quote from colw’s answer and use the search function for your problem this has been discussed many times and I don’t know of any free ‘working’ solution yet let us know when you got one.