Create factory like restore disc?

vbimport

Does anyone know how to where one can create a factory like recovery cd/dvd media like what one gets when one buys a factory created computer? This is for a OEM or standalone install where one downloads the drivers and install the O/S and wants to make a recovery disc so they can reboot without having to go through the labours work of reinstalling the O/S and drivers from the ground up? I know there is Clonzilla and Acronis that will create image of the installed drive but that isn’t what I am looking for I can do that already this is for the John and Jane Doe that does have a ext or int HDD that contains the image but can just pop the disc in the drive and boot right off the drive itself and restore back the programs to working order. That is what I am looking to do but so far I haven’t been able to find the right info to do or could do such process? Does anyone that works for those company or represent them know how they went about the process of doing their recovery cd/dvd for their factory made desktop and laptop computers??

What’s wrong with the [I]One-Click Restore[/I] function available when you create Acronis Boot Media?

Preparation of hard disk

The disk drive must be partitioned into two. Consider a partition of about 3.5GO, at beginning of the disk, so that this partition can contain all the files from the DVD and one for the system partition.

Copying files

Once the partitions of 3 to 4 GB are created, simply just copy the entire DVD on this partition, and make this partition bootable.

Prepare of the partition to make it bootable

Open the command prompt and run this :

x:

cd /boot

bootsect /nt60 X:
(x being your partition)

A message “boot code was successfully updated on all targeted volumes” should appear.
Then check that the partition is marked “active” in disk management.
If necessary, right click on the partition and mark partition as “active”.

Now mount the HDD in the PC and boot. •The PC will automatically launch the installer from the partition and add an entry “Windows setup” in the entries in bcd. (so no need to use third party software to edit the boot entries)
•Everything is done automatically!
•You now have a PC with a recovery partition that lets you reinstall new Windows 7 in case of problems

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2624369]What’s wrong with the [I]One-Click Restore[/I] function available when you create Acronis Boot Media?[/QUOTE]

I looked but didn’t see that option was there? Wouldn’t that create a a image with the acronis software of which they will have on their HDD and of which is mine will now be theirs to use and run as they please???

[QUOTE=macnavarra;2624481]Preparation of hard disk

The disk drive must be partitioned into two. Consider a partition of about 3.5GO, at beginning of the disk, so that this partition can contain all the files from the DVD and one for the system partition.

Copying files

Once the partitions of 3 to 4 GB are created, simply just copy the entire DVD on this partition, and make this partition bootable.

Prepare of the partition to make it bootable

Open the command prompt and run this :

x:

cd /boot

bootsect /nt60 X:
(x being your partition)

A message “boot code was successfully updated on all targeted volumes” should appear.
Then check that the partition is marked “active” in disk management.
If necessary, right click on the partition and mark partition as “active”.

Now mount the HDD in the PC and boot. •The PC will automatically launch the installer from the partition and add an entry “Windows setup” in the entries in bcd. (so no need to use third party software to edit the boot entries)
•Everything is done automatically!
•You now have a PC with a recovery partition that lets you reinstall new Windows 7 in case of problems

:)[/QUOTE]

This won’t work if you replace the HDD sorry to say…Might have to say it again but this is for a wipe of the HDd and not a repartition of the HDD if the HDD evers goes bad or is replaced. Just like if the premade computer goes bad you change the HDD and restore the factory image back onto the computer to get it going again. Repartition won’t work for what I am trying to find out if I can recreate a factory Restore disc like what you get when you order Restore disc for Gateway, Dell, HP to restore to factory settings. That is what I am trying to figure out a way to do but for standalone installation not from image but a bootable cd/dvd that doesn’t have software I owned but their own O/S and drivers and their own software that once restored will be up and running.

I guess the OEM guys just use windows 7 backup restore disk( custumized ) and instead of copying the instalation DVD to the restore partition they copy there backup “image”. just a guess not shure!

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2624516]I looked but didn’t see that option was there? Wouldn’t that create a a image with the acronis software of which they will have on their HDD and of which is mine will now be theirs to use and run as they please???[/QUOTE] One-click Restore is only available as an option when backing up to removable media, and in any case an Acronis license is required for the computer that you’re running Acronis on (even if technically you might work around it).