Create DVD from CDs

I’m trying to create all-in-one DVD to replace 9 separate CDs . I have designed the DVD interface using Autoplay media studio 7.5 so that each CD is played with one click. The problem is that when I play a preview of the DVD in AMS and click on the relevant button in the DVD interface to play a CD I receive License infringement msg and the preview is terminated . Is there a way to work around such msg ?

Thanks in advance ,

Need a bit more info to provide good help.

From your post, I’d guess that you’re trying to copy a software package that comes on multiple CDs to a single DVD. Is that right? If so, then there might be some copy protection mechanism built into the original CDs which you will need to identify and bypass. Check out our copy protection forum here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f80/

With most protections, you will need to make an accurate copy of the original disks (using Alcohol or similar) and then use some sort of emulation to bypass the protection (Daemon Tools etc.).

Also, if your 9 CDs are full, or nearly so, then you will need a dual layer DVDR to fit them all on. CDFreaks generally only recommends Verbatim dual layer media.

Sláinte

midders

Actually the CDs contain a series of tutorials. Each CD contains a shockwave executable “start.exe” which launchs a bunch of avi files in a menu fashion.
when I try to open start.exe on local disk, I receive the same license infringement msg mentioned above.
However When I burnt just one CD (Not the 9 CDs in one DVD) the license agreement pops up and I agree and no problem at all.
I think the 9 CDs are designed to be separate and cant be launched except from CDs.
However I wonder if I can get around this by creating start.ini txt file or manuplating License in registry . Plz help I am lost.

In that case, I’d recommend creating ISO images of the CDs using ImgBurn (or other) then writing them (as ISOs) onto a data DVD with a batch interface etc. to mount the images and run them in sequence. Daemon Tools Lite command line options can be found here: http://www.daemon-help.com/windows_integration_lite/command_line_parameters.html

Sláinte

midders