Create Directory causing crash

vbimport

I’m running an AMD64 Gentoo system. When I try to create a directory in the box where add your files to the compilation Nero just blows away.

All I have to do is right click select create directory and it blows away. Most of the time before showing the create directory dialog.

Any help would be apprecriated. Thanks.

I am running a 32bit Gentoo System which does not show this effect, right-clicking and e.g. creating a directory works. Maybe that helps to lock down the problem.

I had another problem a while ago and mathf asked me to run nero in gdb and post the bugtrace output:

‘gdb nero’
‘run’
after the crash: ‘bt’ for showing what may have caused the error

I tried gdb but it didn’t get very far. Do I need a special kernel option enabled or something? See below.

[ ~/bin ]-[127]: gdb nero
GNU gdb 6.0
Copyright 2003 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
Type “show copying” to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type “show warranty” for details.
This GDB was configured as “x86_64-pc-linux-gnu”…
(no debugging symbols found)…Using host libthread_db library “/lib/libthread_db.so.1”.

(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/nero
Warning:
Cannot insert breakpoint -2.
Error accessing memory address 0xbb50: Input/output error.
(gdb) bt
#0 0x00000000 in ?? ()
(gdb)

That does not look like a lot of useful information. :slight_smile:

To get real useful debugoutput the software to be tested needs to be compiled in a special way (with lots of debug “stuff” in it). If that is the case gdb is very usefull. Sometimes it can help with “normal” compiled software as well. That does not seem to be the case with your system. Maybe the devs do know another way of debugging.