Create a Copyright DVD

Is it possible to create a DVD with a copiryght protection to protect against copy. I Know that everything can be copy but something like MACROVISION.
Is there a software that can help protect my DVD against copy or ripping?

Is it possible to create a DVD with a copiryght protection to protect against copy. I Know that everything can be copy but something like MACROVISION.
Is there a software that can help protect my DVD against copy or ripping?

Contact MACROVISON for a quote.

cross posting isn’t allowed.

if you’d do a search on the issue, you’d find that the simple answer is NO.

multi million dollar corporations can’t protect their dvds from the public and neither can you. it would be a waste to try since anyone with a computer with an internet connection and half a brain would be able to crack it in seconds.

This has been discussed to death in this forum. Yes it can be done, but what is the point, since all protections so far can be defeated is one way or another.

sand paper applied to the shiney face of the disc would be most effective…rather defeats the point of authoring though ehh? :slight_smile:

I always like the 10 seconds in the microwave but it does smell bad and I am sure fumes are not good for you. The good thing is that not one DVD I protected this way has ever been broken the info was as safe as it could be.

i didn’t know this actually worked haha

this is the ONLY surefire way of “protecting” a disc…damage it so it’s playable, but not rippable.

controlling that damage is the hard part.

then you’ll have the morons that put an extra zero in on the microwave timer and end up with a busted dvd AND a fried microwave…

they will not have to worry about the busted dvd or te fried microwave if they put an extra zero the fumes will have killed them if they are in the house.

Who made any suggestion said disc would be playable??? lol

Ulead DVD WorkShop supports this although you will need a DLT if I am not mistaken. Plus you cannot legally do this unless you contact macrovision and obtain some documents for you to sign and pay a fee.

Also you’ll need and AUTHORING BURNER with AUTHORING MEDIA.
A normal burner marked as “For General Use” will not help here ever.

A copywrited work is not automatically protected (physical media)
A protected disc is not automatically copywrited
People tend to ignore both these days
So I think you would be wasting your time
Welcome to earth, pull up a chair, take your shoes off, sit a spell :iagree: