Everytime I burn ISO or BIN, some cabs files fail CRC and makes the CD useless. if i try again, its a differnt CAB thats corrupted. I have searched the forum and haven’t found anything.
- I have mounted the ISO or BINS and tested the CABs and they are error free. I’ve also used WinIso. I know my ISO are not corrupted
- I have tried different burning speeds. No luck.
- I have replaced my IDE cable. no luck.
- I thought my old writer was flaky so I upgraed to LiteOn 522452. No luck.
- I have tried Nero, Alcohol, EasyCD. fireburner. No luck.
I remember burning BIN’s when I was using WinME and a old 8* Ricoh and had no problems, so I’m thinking its hardware/software. My specs now are:
WinXP pro (SP1 + all updates)
Gigabyte K7 Triton 400 Series MotherBoard (has VIA Chipset)
512 MHZ Ram
is it possible that my bins/iso’s are cd protected? Is there software that can detect this so I can disable it in Alcohol.
I have a whole pile of coasters and I need help.
OT: are cue files necessary? Can you go burn the bin instead?