CRC error?

vbimport

I’m using Liteon SOHW-812S with Mitsubishi DVD+R media. After a few months, i got crc error while trying to copy everything from the disc. I did surface scan with Nero, and it still show 100% good. What’s wrong with that??

Hi ctrl_alt_del2 and welcome to the forums :slight_smile:

Did you scan the disk with the same drive that you tried copying its contents? If not try copying the content of the DVD with the same drive as the one you used for scanning.

Yes, I have only one drive installed.
All the media seems to be in perfect condition…no scratches / dirt etc.
Should I try some other brands of DVD-/+R ?
Anyway, it usually happens when i try to copy large amount of data into my hard disk at one time.

Thying other media cant hurt ofcourse ie TY media, althought i do believe MCC media are usually good media.

Anyway, it usually happens when i try to copy large amount of data into my hard disk at one time.
So copying the same data from the same disk in chunks wont give you CRC errors?

Yea…whenever crc error happens, i have to eject the disc and try copy again in smaller amount…I mean if i got 20, 000 files in a disc it would take some time.

But the most important thing, I can’t be sure if ALL the DVD’s are “really” in good condition, (If they are in good condition, there shouldn’t be crc errors)