CRC Error on Big Mommas House 2

I just tried to rip big mommas house2 last night using DVD Decrypter and it came back with a crc error about 4% into the process, causes anyone? The disc does have some scratches.

Could be a dirty/scratched disc. Or it could be copy protection, have you tried it with AnyDVD running in the background?

I’ve been so spoiled with good luck with dvd decrypter and dvd shrink working for all my needs that I’m lost with the new programs, is there any newer guides to the new stuff out there?

I know what you mean - aside from a few titles, DVD Shrink and Decrypter have worked well for me also.

If you go to www.slysoft.com, download the free 21-day trial of AnyDVD, and let it run whilst you’re using Shrink or Decrypter, hopefully that should take care of any copy protection.

Plenty of guides on www.videohelp.com, I believe :slight_smile:

Thanks, also my drive is a Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-1633S. Any good?

Ah. LiteOn drives are usually fairly tolerant of disc errors :)…good drive to rip from :iagree:

Any dvd is telling me that no drive is installed? I might want to check the connecting on my mobo, i just re-wired everything yesterday.

When you click on the little fox in the taskbar, does it give you your drive letters?

(I know it’s telling me that no disc is present in either of mine)

D and E

D is my drive, E is a daemon emulation

OK, click the D tab, what’s it telling you?

Hang on ill restart, it says to do that if it doesnt detect your drive, brb

Hehe OK, hopefully that’ll be the problem :wink:

Yep, works now :slight_smile: I hate restarting :frowning:

Woohoo!

There you go. Just make sure the little foxy is in the taskbar whilst you’re ripping. :slight_smile:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j81/cal_woo/error.jpg – still doing it

OK…next stage…give the disc a really thorough wipe :wink:

cleaned w/ iso alcohol (91%)

It’s going, I hit retry on that error, seems to me like its because the disc is scratched.

Clean the bottom of he disc with a soft cloth (from the inside out) with a bit of alcohol on it then dry. Use “IsoBuster” (www.isobuster.com) to extract contents (Might take a while) if this doesn’t work, trust me NOTHING will…

LMAO - Dunno why I started laughing when I read your post !

I watched the first one and it was good - Let me know if the second one is just as good I might get it. :slight_smile:

house2 last night using DVD Decrypter and it came back with a crc error about 4% into the process, causes anyone? The disc does have some scratches.

Perhaps big momma stepped on it :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Try a different reader - What reader are you using ? A liteon ?