CRC Error halfway through

I have been searching all over for the past week trying to figure out what is going on. I don’t know how much information you all need but any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have just purchased a new iPod with the desire to have movies to watch between classes at the university. I was able to rip a episode from a disk that contained a whole series but when I try to rip a full length movie it doesn’t work. It will get through 47% -53% of the disk and then drop the error which would make it seem to me like an issue that happens at the layer switch. I have used AnyDVD, CloneDVD, DVD Decrypter, etc. If it is on this forum I have tried it, all with the same results. This is happening with all my disks, old ones from years ago and newer ones like Fantastic Four which I bought last week and Transformers which I bought yesterday.

Any information you need I will be glad to provide and I will greatly appreciate any help or suggestions given.

Thanks in advance.

So I probably should of tried this first. I tried playing Transformers in my DVD drive on my computer and guess what, halfway through it hung up just like it was doing before. I guess that means I will be purchasing a new DVD drive, unless someone knows of something else. By the way, the dvd works find in my standard dvd player.