CRC Error, disc check, and then crashing

vbimport

Okay, Here’s my problem:

I brought my laptop to my dad’s to make .ISO’s of some of his games, namely Armies of Exigo. Upon instillation (before .ISOing) of AoE, in the file data2 (I don’t remember the extension) I received a cyclic redundancy check error, and it promptly stopped installing. Every time (5 or 6 attempts) proved itself just as unfruitful. So, I googled CRC errors, and found a program that would scan for, find, and fix these errors if it were possible, called CDCheckSetup.exe. I inserted the Exigo disc and found 6 errors, and one hash error (missing the hash or something) and then told the program to fix it, with the output being my desktop. However, the program refused to make any progress. It didn’t freeze or crash, but it did indeed do nothing more than put a few folders on my desktop. I tried to use MagicISO to create an ISO from the disc, but it never even got to 1%. I then gave up. This morning, my dad asked me for the disc, thinking that it was an error on my computer only, so he would make the iso and jsut transfer it back to me. However, upon attempting to open the disk, his computer crashed every attempt. Previously, the game had no issues whatsoever on his computer, running Vista.

Here are my specs:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
System Model XPS M1530
Processor Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T8300 @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.58 GB
Total Virtual Memory 7.99 GB
Page File Space 4.00 GB

Name Optiarc DVD±RW AD-7640A ATA Device
Transfer Rate -1.00 kbytes/sec

Anything else, just ask for it. My dads comp is the same as mine, but he has Vista while Ive got Win 7x64bit. Hopefully I can get this resolved within the night, because I go back out of state tomorrow morning, birght and early. And help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi and Welcome!

your problem might be simply the copy protection of these game discs.

Michael

How would I remedy this, then?