Crashed computer, need to restore DVD Plat. Fab

Hi

Had to crash my xp prof computer…want to reinstall/restore my DVD Platinum Fab program…cannot find the Platinum version online…to download again…or am I going about this incorrectly?

Hope someone can advice
Thanks
Baskets:confused:

[QUOTE=Baskets;2441955]Hi

Had to crash my xp prof computer…want to reinstall/restore my DVD Platinum Fab program…cannot find the Platinum version online…to download again…or am I going about this incorrectly?

Hope someone can advice
Thanks
Baskets:confused:[/QUOTE]

Hi Baskets
if you have a lifetime registration you should install the latest version which is v6070(final release) or the new beta v6102, the Platinum was discontinued and replaced with DVD to DVD…

If you don’t have a lifetime registration and need an older version of Platinum then send me a PM with your email address and I can send you the last v5 platinum that was released :wink:

Morning Baskets, just a little advice here, get a spare HD and clone it and about every couple of months re clone it and that will save you a lot of headaches down the road in case you have to reformat or something, then all you will have to do is clone the main HD from the spare and EVERYTHING will be there. Just my .002 cents

Good Morning Jim

Appreciate your input…sadly I had saved the Key to my external harddrive (Book) but didn’t save the program…guess I figured if I had my Key, I could just go back in and download the program as always. This time, I can download program but not sure if I am on trial version or actual version because when entering my Reg#, says not recognized and then I see it entered with my name and I am in the program…very strange. Guess I will have to write to company to be sure I in the right slot on their records. Will take your advice once I straighten this out.

Thanks again
Baskets

You can request a new key just make sure you have the right version when you request it also on the main screen you can look at about and it will tell you if you are reg or still on the trial

Hi

Thank you again for your assistance. I looked at program and I do not see where it says whether or not I am on trial program. A screen comes up where it shows my Reg. # and name twice. Never saw this screen before…not sure if this is new or not. There are places to click on and a button for start program now.

Baskets

Baskets,
you can also go to DVDFab.com and at the top of the page click on the support tab, and follow the directions.

[QUOTE=Baskets;2445076]Hi

Thank you again for your assistance. I looked at program and I do not see where it says whether or not I am on trial program. A screen comes up where it shows my Reg. # and name twice. Never saw this screen before…not sure if this is new or not. There are places to click on and a button for start program now.

Baskets[/QUOTE] On the main screen click on the ? and then about and it will show you your name and reg. number and the options if you have a lifetime on any of then it will say never expire or the expiration date and some might say trial, hope this helps you. BTW the first 2 should say never expire if you have a lifetime on them

Hi Jim

Thank you again for your help, appreciate it.
It shows my name, my reg.# and Never expire, as it should…however, a full screen opens up with this information and asking for Reg. # and wording to the effect that I have an old Reg. #…below that it says start DVD Fab…never saw this screen before, guess I can click on, do not show again.

I will do as you mentioned and keep this program on my external hard drive so I do not have to go through this again if I have to crash my computer.

Thanks again for your great suggestion.
Baskets