Crash with the latest CloneDVD version 1.3.11.2

vbimport

I have a serious problem with the latest version. When the conversion starts, after a few seconds the computer reboots. This particular problem does not happen with the version 1.2.84 which I am currently using. Any help is welcome.

Configuration:

Windows XP SP1
Athlon XP 2400+
KT 266a based motherboard
256 MB DDR Ram
DVD+-R/RW TEAC W50D
DVDROm Liteon 165H
CDR/RW Liteon 24102b
Hard Disk 60 GB WD ATA 100 5400rpm
Creative Blaster Geforce3 Ti 200
SB Live Player 5.1

Are you using AnyDVD to rip the copy protection off?

I had this problem a few months ago and what fixed it for me was checking the “safe mode” box in AnyDVD. The problem was not in CloneDVD.

Of course, if you’re not using AnyDVD, then never mind.

> I have a serious problem with the latest version. When the conversion starts, after a few seconds the computer reboots. This particular problem does not happen with the version 1.2.84 which I am currently using. Any help is welcome. <

I could bet that you are using VIA or NVidia IDE drivers. Both have a tendency to be more or less broken (more or less - depending on their version number). Please try the drivers which came with XP instead.

Thanks both for your immediate answer. I will check your solutions and I will reply soon.

Thanks Olli,

Complete Success. Not only it solved my clonedvd issue but it also allowed me to install the newest nvidia drivers for my Geforce3 Ti 200 from Creative. In the past all I was getting whenever I tried to install them was system unable to boot.

Thanks again!!!

Originally posted by Georgekouk
[B]Thanks Olli,

Complete Success. Not only it solved my clonedvd issue but it also allowed me to install the newest nvidia drivers for my Geforce3 Ti 200 from Creative. In the past all I was getting whenever I tried to install them was system unable to boot.

Thanks again!!! [/B]

Could someone from the forum moderators please put it somewhere in the FAQs, or better as banner in this forum … “whenever you have any computer trouble, headaches, sour stomach, an ugly wife, a dead cat, … uninstall your Busmaster IDE driver crap!”
:smiley:

Where exactly and how do you remove those drivers?

Originally posted by Chessmonster2
Where exactly and how do you remove those drivers?

This question is not so easy to answer, depending on which chipset / driver pair is installed.
Most have a (more or less working) uninstall option…
Or you can pick the Microsoft IDE drivers in Windows device manager.

The newer busmaster drivers can be found in the system properties -> software.

If you uninstall them there and reboot, windows will automatically use the standard drivers.

If you have a nforce board, some onboard components like LAN and audio may not work anymore after reboot. Just install the nforce driver again. Without the S/W busmaster, of course.

About these driver-problems:
If I look into my Device-Manager and then the properties (Driver-Details) of each IDE-Port, there are only 2 entries.

IDE 1 & 2:
c:\windows\system32\Drivers\atapi.sys
c:\windows\system32\storprop.dll

And the IDE UDMA-Controller shows only:
c:\windows\system32\Drivers\siside.sys

You guessed right, its a SIS-Board. :slight_smile:

My question is, are these entries correct or do I have a problem, because, everytime I burn a DVD, the harddisk with the transcoded movie on it begins to work very hard (Maxtor 200GB UDMA6) and my system becomes very slow then.

Jarod