Crash when reading self recorded dvd-R (Philips DVP3140 - DVD player)

[qanda]This thread is about the Philips DVP3140 - DVD player. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I am having a problem reading dvd-r and dvd r recorded on my Philips dvd recorder in DVDFAB V 5.2.3.0 on Vista 64.
I just get the vista “dvdfab has stopped working” message when trying to read.
“Normal” Dvd’s copy fine and the recorded dvd plays fine on same PC and other players

[QUOTE=leelew17;2198373][qanda]This thread is about the Philips DVP3140 - DVD player. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I am having a problem reading dvd-r and dvd+r recorded on my Philips dvd recorder in DVDFAB V 5.2.3.0 on Vista 64.
I just get the vista “dvdfab has stopped working” message when trying to read.
“Normal” Dvd’s copy fine and the recorded dvd plays fine on same PC and other players[/QUOTE]

Please check one of the Philips recorded DVDs in Windows Explorer and advise what info is returned to you re the DVDs file structure and file sizes.

P.S. I’m also having a problem imagining why you would want to use DVDFab on a self-recorded disc from your unit, as the main reason for using DVDFab (getting rid of copy protection), wouldn’t exist on a disc you recorded, not to mention the fact that it’s very unlikely that your unit records in the same format as store-boughts - thus rendering DVDFab useless for that kind of work.

O’C

:slight_smile:

I am having the same problem if I copy the video files off the disc to HD.
The files are as follows
Dir Video_TS
video_ts.bup 12kb
video_ts.ifo 12KB
video_ts.vob 64KB
VTS_01_0.BUP 96kb
VTS_01_0.IFO 96KB
VTS_01_1.vob 1044480 KB
same for _2 and _3 and _4
VTS_01_5.vob 224000 KB

[QUOTE=leelew17;2198392]I am having the same problem if I copy the video files off the disc to HD.
The files are as follows
Dir Video_TS
video_ts.bup 12kb
video_ts.ifo 12KB
video_ts.vob 64KB
VTS_01_0.BUP 96kb
VTS_01_0.IFO 96KB
VTS_01_1.vob 1044480 KB
same for _2 and _3 and _4
VTS_01_5.vob 224000 KB[/QUOTE]

OK…The format appears similar to a store-bought… assuming you have a DVD player of some description on your computer…How does it handle either a disc from your recorder, or the files transferred to your HD?

I am surmising that your recordings by the Philips unit are something from a broadcast source - how much longer, after you press stop, does the recorder go before your disc can be removed from the recorder?

O’C

The dvd plays fine in Media player
I have to finalize the disc before it can be read on another player

go into common settings and then pathplayer. then choose disabled and then try again to see if it works.

[QUOTE=leelew17;2198411]The dvd plays fine in Media player
I have to finalize the disc before it can be read on another player[/QUOTE]

Were the disk(s) you tried on DVDFab finalized?

It would make a difference to that program also, as well as a DVD player.

O’C

They were finalized on the DVD recorder
I will switch off pathplayer and try again

[quote=leelew17;2198954]They were finalized on the DVD recorder
I will switch off pathplayer and try again[/quote]
Hope the suggession my good friend GJ gave you works it is the only other thing I can think of that would interfere with the reading through DVDFab :confused:

I also have the same problem. The program crashes (even if Pathplayer is disabled), when reading a DVD recorded on my Emerson DVD recorder. (A crash report comes up on my computer). I have tried a dvd-r or dvd -rw and it can’t handle it. So I don’t use DVDFAB to make a copy of the recorded disk.
I’m not sure how long it hasn’t been able to but it has been quite a while. Since I usually edit the DVD from the Emerson dvd recorder. I use another program (tmpgenc 4.0 or tmpgenc 3.0 mpeg editor) and it handles it fine andthen it makes the final product which DVDFAB can handle.

disabling pathplayer seemed to do the trick.
Thanks to all for your help

[quote=leelew17;2199955]disabling pathplayer seemed to do the trick.
Thanks to all for your help[/quote]
Glad you got your issue/problem resolved :clap:

Have a nice day :flower:

[quote=leelew17;2199955]disabling pathplayer seemed to do the trick.
Thanks to all for your help[/quote]
Well I’m happy you have it working for you now and also if you have anymore questions to ask just start a new thread in the appropriate section

pedant