Crash Internet Explorer 11 by browsing a website

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Crash Internet Explorer 11 by browsing a website[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/12/Chrome-ad-with-IE-crash-95x75.png[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/crash-internet-explorer-11-browsing-website-81079/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Thanks Sean

I haven’t used IE for years, but some still do so good to know

[QUOTE=Seán;2785369]We’ve just posted the following news: Crash Internet Explorer 11 by browsing a website[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/12/Chrome-ad-with-IE-crash-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/crash-internet-explorer-11-browsing-website-81079/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.[/QUOTE]

Internet Explorer 11 has no problem opening our webpages with an ad-blocker or an Internet Security package that filters advertising such as the Anti-Banner feature in Kaspersky.
I wonder how this would affect my PC hosts edit blocker file? I’ll have to give this a try as well in IE11 since I only use IE11 and FF currently. But I suspect with my PC hosts edit file it won’t crash but I’ll take a dive into is since I just did a Windows 7 Update.

Don’t use IE only Opera so no issue for me… Â Be surprized that the tech company that i work for so many people still use IE as their default browser because “That’s what comes with Windows” You can’t educate them to use something else…

[QUOTE=bean55;2785370]Thanks Sean

I haven’t used IE for years, but some still do so good to know[/QUOTE]

:iagree: That would equal me.

On another note:
The lesser percentage of use, the lesser chance of getting targeted I guess, and so maybe Opera would be third to fifth from top, but still nowhere near safe as I see it :flower:

[QUOTE=paulw2;2785385]Don’t use IE only Opera so no issue for me… Be surprized that the tech company that i work for so many people still use IE as their default browser because “That’s what comes with Windows” You can’t educate them to use something else…[/QUOTE]
All Browsers come with flaws Opera isn’t flawless as they like to make users think they are. Otherwise why do they issue new versions? IE for all the likes and dislikes works regardless of what one may think. It comes the less used Browser the less a painted target you are that basics knowledge your not worth exploiting but when you do become don’t think they will wait for Opera to fix their holes.

For those unaffected or are viewing this on a tablet, phone or another OS, I made a screen recording showing Internet Explorer 11 crashing in a loop until it gives up. The video starts off showing it loading the Myce pages fine with the Teads CDN blocked by the Windows Hosts file.

I never thought about Opera, so added that to the story. I don’t have a Windows phone to test whether this occurs in the mobile Internet Explorer browser.

[QUOTE=Seán;2785389]For those unaffected or are viewing this on a tablet, phone or another OS, I made a screen recording showing Internet Explorer 11 crashing in a loop until it gives up. The video starts off showing it loading the Myce pages fine with the Teads CDN blocked by the Windows Hosts file.

I never thought about Opera, so added that to the story. I don’t have a Windows phone to test whether this occurs in the mobile Internet Explorer browser.[/QUOTE]
I’ll have to test this with my PC Windows hosts edit blocker to see this problem.

[QUOTE=Seán;2785369]We’ve just posted the following news: Crash Internet Explorer 11 by browsing a website[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/12/Chrome-ad-with-IE-crash-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.[/QUOTE]

I haven’t used IE for at least 10 years. Opera used to great but not anymore. I use StartPage as home and FF as my default browser.

Well to report with my hosts edit scrolling up and down and leaving the page open does nothing to IE11. So my hosts edit is doing it’s job and stopping destructive ads from killing the Browser. Glad I use the my PC hosts edit file this is why all users should use such a hosts edit to stop this nonsense of ads from killing your Browser. And why should we the users stop using a PC hosts blocker it’s our internet were paying for they don’t pay when it goes down do they or pay us to send ads to us. So I for one will keep using my PC hosts edit until those adware companies being to think the old fashion was what worked not adware becoming malware.

Coolcolors, does somebody pay you every time you mention your PC Hosts Edit???

Figured the problem was with IE11 weeks ago. Caused me to go back to Firefox. Since I’ve managed to make Firefox 50.0.2 more or less usable, I’ll stick with it for a while until they screw it up again. Just a matter of time. No browser suits me anymore since Firefox went to the Australis theme and outlawed third party “heavyweight” themes, like Foxscape.

All I can say with my PC hosts edit file leaving Myce running on IE11 has caused no crashes in IE11 Browser. So that would tell me the hosts edit caught the right adware to stop it from causing problems for the IE11 Browser and keep it functioning without problem. Also some sites print better with IE11 like my Bank/CC statements but Firefox puts a whole blank page between or stretches out the prints.

[QUOTE=pcarey;2785432]Figured the problem was with IE11 weeks ago. Caused me to go back to Firefox. Since I’ve managed to make Firefox 50.0.2 more or less usable, I’ll stick with it for a while until they screw it up again. Just a matter of time. No browser suits me anymore since Firefox went to the Australis theme and outlawed third party “heavyweight” themes, like Foxscape.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the simplest solution is to switch to another browser. :iagree:

I run several different browsers at home but unfortunately we can’t use anything other than IE11 in work. :rolleyes:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2785465]Yeah the simplest solution is to switch to another browser. :iagree:

I run several different browsers at home but unfortunately we can’t use anything other than IE11 in work. :rolleyes:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]
Problem here is some are written to work better with IE kernels and others can’t which leads to alot of compatibility problems. That’s why having a good PC hosts edit like what I use will stop problem adware on sites to insure that your problems are actually IE problem and not what is caused by Browser site problems. So not all site faults can’t be at the feet of IE just because the Browser crashes on a site.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2785468]Problem here is some are written to work better with IE kernels and others can’t which leads to alot of compatibility problems. That’s why having a good PC hosts edit like what I use will stop problem adware on sites to insure that your problems are actually IE problem and not what is caused by Browser site problems. So not all site faults can’t be at the feet of IE just because the Browser crashes on a site.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but unfortunately whilst I can use the hosts method here at home I’ve very little control over what they do in work as everything’s standardised and locked down so that only the IT staff can change things.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2785551]Yeah but unfortunately whilst I can use the hosts method here at home I’ve very little control over what they do in work as everything’s standardised and locked down so that only the IT staff can change things.
[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]
That’s why I keep my usage limited at work and keep more at home. And IE isn’t going away anytime soon either.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2785574]That’s why I keep my usage limited at work and keep more at home. And IE isn’t going away anytime soon either.[/QUOTE]

TBH I was really surprised how quickly IE use is declining.

It only accounted for 8.9% of the global browser market share at the end of November 2016.

Chrome has by far the biggest share at 59.05%.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2785593]TBH I was really surprised how quickly IE use is declining.
It only accounted for 8.9% of the global browser market share at the end of November 2016.
Chrome has by far the biggest share at 59.05%.
[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]
Also can be related to MS going to Edge as the main Browser as well. Chrome wants you to log in and track you and that isn’t for me. That to me is a security risk worse then cookie tracker.