Craps out at around 50%

vbimport

Consistently AnyDVD(5.9.6.0) is dying on me and completely locking the computer when it hits around 50% (same when using CloneDVD), yet for some reason when left, it also quite often finishes the job, but will take anything up to 6 hours to do so.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced similar problem?
Clues? Help? Anyone??

Thanks.

Specs:
Acer Aspire 3610
Intel Celeron M 1.5GHz
1GB RAM
Phillips DVD±RW SDVD8441

What is your DVDRW and firmware version?

You can use nero cd speed to find this info. Also is the safe mode checked?

Phillips DVD±RW SDVD8441 PX41

Safe mode isn’t checked, and the DMA if available option is selected

Does it do this to all the movies recently or specific titles?

@ triaxiom,

Welcome to the Forum.

Suggest viewing the below SlySoft Web Link.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

As you can see in the above deception of the AnyDVD software program that when activated the AnyDVD software programs works passively in the background. So what do you mean by your statement “Consistently AnyDVD(5.9.6.0) is dying on me and completely locking the computer when it hits around 50%”. What leads you to believe that your problem is caused by the AnyDVD software program?

From the sparse limited information you have provided it appears that your “hits around 50%” problem is related to the CloneDVD software program and not the AnyDVD software program.

Exactly when does this “hits around 50%” problem appear? Does this problem appear at the “50%” point when the CloneDVD software program is reading/transcoding data point or at the “50%” point that CloneDVD is recording/writing data to blank DVD Media point? Identifying exactly when this “hits around 50%” point occurs is critical in determining exactly what is causing your problem. Do you receive any Error Code Notifications and/or Error Narratives when you experience this problem? If so provide the exact Error Code and complete Error Narrative.

Provide the complete Name of the Commercial DVD Movie Title(s) that you are experiencing problems with.

Also provide the Version Number of CloneDVD software program you are using.

Also provide the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code)(Example: TYG02) of the blank DVD Media you are using. Also Provide the Manufacture Name/Model Number/Firmware Version of your DVD Burner. To obtain this information use a utility software program similar to DVD Identifier (http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com) or DVDInfo (http://www.dvdinfopro.com).

Best Regards,
bjkg

Sounds like your procedure “craps out”, not AnyDVD. If AnyDVD had failed, you most likely would not even have gotten started…

Seems to do it with most titles, with only old titles being the exception.

I’m experiencing the problems with the majority of modern titles, most recently: Layer Cake R2, Blade Trinity R2 and Deuce Bigelow 2 R2.

I’m not necessarily saying the issue is software specific, perhaps more a case of the software on my comp, which is why I provided my specs in the OP.

The drive info you can see here (thanks for the program link):

The problem occurs when ripping the DVD using either AnyDVD(5.9.6.0)to rip to HD, or when using cloneDVD(2.8.9.8) during the transcoding process.
When I say around 50% i mean AROUND 50%; could be anything from 48-57%, the comp just freezes and dies.

Thanks.

These are all new titles with additional protection. It is possible that AnyDVD is not working with your setup.
Do the DVDs play (in PowerDVD or similar) with AnyDVD enabled? If not, something is severely wrong. Try to toggle the “Safe Mode” setting in AnyDVD settings.

@ triaxiom,

Have you ensured that you have curtailed all Multi-Tasking background operations while AnyDVD is activated? Also have you ensured that you don’t have any invasive Anti-Virus and Packet Writing programs running while the AnyDVD software program is activated?

The following are examples of packet writing software programs –> Sonic DLA, Nero InCD, NTI FileCD, Roxio DirectCD/Drag-To-Disc, CE Quadrant Just!Burn, Sony abCD, InstantWrite, Backup4all, B’s Clip, NeoClip, InstantBurn. This is not an extensive complete list, there are numerous others. If you have any Packet Writing Software Programs installed strongly suggest to completely remove them from your computer.

To ensure that all background operations are in fact curtailed check that all unnecessary programs are not automatically loaded during Window Startup. To check this suggest viewing the below Web Link that details how to use MSCONFIG to configure Windows Startup to load only necessary items. You will be surprised at all the unnecessary Memory and Resource wasting items that are automatically loaded during Windows Startup. Quite possibility you have some unnecessary item automatically loaded during Windows Startup that you are unaware of that could be interfering with the popper operation of AnyDVD that causing your problem.

http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/

Best Regards,
bjkg

For backing up movies, I suggest using Dvdshrink, dvdcrypter, or dvdfabdecrypter. They are always fast and friendly for backing up movies.

The problem with backing up movie with DVD Decrypter is if the movie is in DL platform (6-8GB) and you rip it in ISO platform then how you can not fit it in a single DVD5 (4.38GB) unless you go ahead rip & shrink it again.

No need to rip it again. DVD Shrink can open ISO files. :slight_smile:

Hello Folks,

Isn’t the original poster asking for assistance using the AnyDVD-CloneDVD software programs?

Why are Forum Members suggesting using other software programs instead of assisting the original poster with trouble shooting his AnyDVD-CloneDVD problem?

The AnyDVD-CloneDVD software programs are proven stable software programs. My experience with the AnyDVD-CloneDVD software programs indicates the original poster has some type of 3rd party software program interfering with the proper operation of the AnyDVD software program.

Best Regards,
bjkg

But DVD Shrink doesn’t have writing capability if you use Shrink it goes to rip and shrink cylcle put the result in hard drive then from hard drive you have to use Nero or other means to burn it.

Deleted out of respect for you bjkg.