Crap no serial number in nero infotool

vbimport

Hi guys i cant see my serial number in nero infotool after i flashed my drive to the newest firmware…is my drive rooted ?

uys help, the serial of my drive disappered after i flashed it with g7v9…how can i get it back…i feel something is wrong

If you take it out of the case you will find the serial #. Mine has ? mark for serial # so nothing is wrong i don’t think for you.

The serial number isnt that important dont worry about it my BenQ drive doesnt display a serial number either i guess they made the newer firmwares not show the serial for the drive.

Check out the 1620 review from cdfreaks. The drive the reviewer got didn’t display a serial either and it didn’t bother him at all. :slight_smile:

Nero Infotool shows the serial for my BenQ but no date (I believe it supposed to be the date of the firmware?).

To compare, I put a shot of 716a, which shows the date.

Well that is strange mine doesn’t but it does show the Plextor and Nec S/N??? Maybe some type of drive revision. :confused:

phew! thks guys…i was just worried in case i need to RMA it

benq1625 show sn.

NEC and SONY show serial here but not my LITEON

It doesnt really matter does it serial numbers are more of a privacy risk, anyway i guess on some drives its turned off like the PIII ID code so computers cant be identified by serial numbers.

Nero is Crap period! Don’t use it!

thxxxxxxx

[QUOTE=zevia;980168]Nero Infotool shows the serial for my BenQ but no date (I believe it supposed to be the date of the firmware?).

To compare, I put a shot of 716a, which shows the date.[/QUOTE]