Crap information at ELBY website!

vbimport

For some reason ELBY website claims that LG GCE 8240B is SD 2.51.021 killer although many people have reported that it isn't!

Look at here for example:
http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44568

It MIGHT be an good idea to correct wrong information before more people waste their money to non-EFM capable writer.

And by the way, I don't mean to be rude, I just thought that it would draw more attention and Olli would notice it.

Originally posted by Supi Suomalaine
[B]For some reason ELBY website claims that LG GCE 8240B is SD 2.51.021 killer although many people have reported that it isn’t!

Look at here for example:
http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44568

It MIGHT be an good idea to correct wrong information before more people waste their money to non-EFM capable writer.

And by the way, I don’t mean to be rude, I just thought that it would draw more attention and Olli would notice it. [/B]

It is really hard to keep the information up-to-date, and as we are not “Macrovision Test Labs” we will remove all EFM info from our website.

Originally posted by Olli
[B]

It is really hard to keep the information up-to-date, and as we are not “Macrovision Test Labs” we will remove all EFM info from our website. [/B]

Can we find a less radical solution to the problem?

I found your information very usufel and it would really a pity to loose everything!!!

Why not adding a warning message to the page (and of course deleting the reference to LG GCE 8240B).

Originally posted by fax2368
[B]

Can we find a less radical solution to the problem?

I found your information very usufel and it would really a pity to loose everything!!!

Why not adding a warning message to the page (and of course deleting the reference to LG GCE 8240B). [/B]

The problem is, that I don’t have the resources to re-test every writer in every revision with every new SD incarnation. Therefore the information on the site must be inaccurate (and I am sure, that it is).

IMHO it is better to provide no information instead of wrong information.

Maybe you (and we) can call for users/visitors to send you information about the drives ? Best would probably a file generated by CloneCD that is encrypted (so an user can’t edit the information) that you can decrypt and put the results online…

Olli,

I have been a long time user of CloneCD. In fact, I probably have to renew my registration when the next non beta version comes out. From my point of view it is really helpful to have this EMF information on your site. It is better to have it then not and a little mistake now and then can be expected. While I am only a loyal user, I would urge you to post it and put a disclaimer to the effect that you can’t keep up with all the drives out there and the information is posted to follow solely at your own risk as it may prove inaccurate at times.

Whatever you choose to do, is up to you of course. Thank you for your efforts to put out a great product.

Lighten up the information on the website is very helpful may not be perfect but there are few sources for this info…

I think most clonecd users would prefer this service from Olli than no info…it is a guide and not a guarantee …how could it be…protections are changing so fast it is hard for a forum like this too even keep up were users exchange info daily…

I think this type of inflammatory thread should be removed …it is not constructive criticism

I vote to have this thread deleted…

Leave the info…I bought My Toshiba DVD because of your info & so far I’m very happy !

Yes, Olli, please leave the information. I believe I already saw a disclaimer up there; people read more carefully!

You have very helpful information there Olli and if in the least, people have something to go off rather than blind luck.

Please keep it up and keep up the good work! Thank you, Olli.

Yup, leave it. The only problems I saw was the LG GCE 24x & 16x around the wrong way…if somebody had asked…welll…we could’ve ‘advised’ :smiley:

Sorry about my post, it was stupid. There have been some posts where people have said that LG GCE-8240B can’t do correct EFM. So I thought to post a thread which would draw enough attention that the wrong information would be corrected but I should have done it in a matter of fact-way.

Maybe sending Olli a email might have been useful. Just remember it is his website and he can change whatever he feels like changing.

Nobody has the resources to test everything that comes out, but somebody mentioned a encrypted test file. Hmm,

Olli how do you test for EFM(or is it EMF) encoding?? Just curious.

Thanks

cloakdoa where in FL are you from???

Originally posted by cloakdoa
EFM(or is it EMF) encoding??
Eight to Forteen Modulation

I think Oliver tests EFM compatibility by just copying a game like MoH without AWS enabled.

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
[B]Eight to Forteen Modulation

I think Oliver tests EFM compatibility by just copying a game like MoH without AWS enabled. [/B]

Yes, and the copy must run in a drive which is known to have difficulties with copied weak sectors like the Toshiba SD-M1502.

The problem is, that as soon as a new type of weak sector appears all the tests have to be redone. This is crazy…

I just have to say it again: the ASUS 40x writer is a dream! No LibCrypt but struth! it cuts SD2 like butter.

Originally posted by Olli
The problem is, that as soon as a new type of weak sector appears all the tests have to be redone. This is crazy…
Yes indeed… A lot of work but our forum can provide a lot of information :wink: I know it takes a lot of work getting the lists up-to-date/reliable since I made my own SafeDisc 2 writers list as you might know. When the new SafeDisc 2.51.021 version came out I just stuck to writers that were able to do SafeDisc 2 before this version. Now that we have gathered some information on writers that are able to do this new SafeDisc 2 version (see FutureProof’s sticky posts) I’m thinking of updating my lists. I can now just copy&paste the writers.

I would strongly vote to keep the Elaborate Bytes supported writers lists with the EFM and fully EFM capable writers. Like mentioned before you could add some statement to each page. Your lists provide a lot of information and it’s easy for us to link to it (even though some information might be incorrect). If people are questioning the reliability of certain information they can check back here or some other place to verify the information.

Oh ps. Yeah, yeah FutureProof we get it :wink:

in Jacksonville.

By the way when I grabbed my birthday gift certiifcate cd burner (the Teac 524e) I went to the Elby site in Compusa and specifically looked for the EFM encoding and had already made a decision that the wirter was capable of efm.

Olli, thanks for that information on your site and WE DO APPRECIATE it!! : ):o So dont think you work goes unappreciated …

I have always thought that the EMF is a Hardware thing that some CDRW’s have to make their CDRW better so peoples will buy their CDRW … ,so if the EMF is in Hardware then way don’t the CDRW makers like Plextor, ASUS, LiteOn, Philips +++ mark that the CDRW is cabel of doing EMF and that way we don’t have to go throu all these troubels …

Olli do you do all of the work on the Elby site yourself ?
If so why do you do it that way ? to save Money ?
I’m sure that there are alot of peoples that can help you
make a better site and can keep the CDRW list of Info on these
brands and the info. on that all the drives can do of EFM,
DAO96, SAO +++ up to date … I can see why you should do all that work yourself … I can never imagien that you goes out and buys all the new games on the market that have SD2 and 2.51.021 ++ just so you can test if the CDRW drives is abel to copy them … That’s CRAZY !!! Get your self some Beta Testers ore other Testers ( like some peoples from the forum here ) that can do all these tests for you … you will save a lot of time and mony since you can concentrate on the CloneCD programming and leave the testing to others , and if they have problems whit some games on a spes. CDRW they can report that to you, ore someone els that can update the info on the site … this way peopels will have a sorce that is more UPDATED and a program that comes with updates to problem quick since you ( Olli ) don’t have to do all the work … your already know for coming with update’s to Clone CD fast, but it must be a alot of work … somedays you must be Totaly tired of all the CCD and all that comes with it.