Cracked laptop screen!

vbimport

Hi guys,got a Packard Bell Easynote with a cracked screen.Been suffering for a long time with only a quarter screen window and have looked into buyiing a PC Monitor to hopefully overcome the need for a new screen.My friend as told me to just buy a VUA cable and connect to my existing Sony Bravia LCD tv but not sure if this would work,please can anyone give me some suggestions of any cheap ways of connecting my laptop to an external screen? Thanks

If your laptop has a VGA output (which most do) then yes, just use a standard VGA cable (i.e. monitor cable for desktop PC) to connect your laptop to a monitor or TV. And yes, it will connect directly to your Bravia. You might need to change your graphics properties to tell it to output to monitor rather than notebook, usually accessed via a right-click on the desktop.

[QUOTE=midders;2469021] You might need to change your graphics properties to tell it to output to monitor rather than notebook, usually accessed via a right-click on the desktop.[/QUOTE]Even simpler: Most notebooks have a hotkey (like Fn + F8) to switch the video out mode (internal display - external monitor - both). :slight_smile:

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2469082]Even simpler: Most notebooks have a hotkey (like Fn + F8) to switch the video out mode (internal display - external monitor - both). :)[/QUOTE]

You learn something new everyday. Thanks :). I’ve just looked closely at the Fn keys on my laptop and there are shortcuts for all sorts of stuff that I never even noticed!

Thanks for your inputs,im going to purchase a VGA cable and connect to my Sony tv and i also have the Fn + F8 keys too.The laptop is too new to have just thrown it in the trash. Will these cables also transfer my audio or just visual??

Just the Video, use internal or external cables for audio.