Cpu temperature

vbimport

Hello, I checked my cpu temp and it says that it is 48°. Is this normal or do i need to have some extra cooling?

Thx

Check the operating specs at your CPU manufacturers website!

Intel recommends your CPU temp does not exceed 70 degrees MAX

i need to know what brand/speed processor you have to tell you what it should run at

70 degrees max…but that’s celcius. Remember, the US is the only country that doesn’t use celcius.

Sorry, don’t remember the formula for conversion.

Anyways, if the processor is not supposed to go over 70 degrees, then you’re allright, but I would still check with the specs of the manufacturer.

-X-

intel PIII 667mhz coppermine
256 mb sdram
geforce ddr
epox 6vba2 motherboard
By the way,can someone explain me how to overclock my pc if this is possible? Wont it harm my system?

To clock your PC go into the BIOS (probably press del when u turn on ya computer)

Then u have to search somewhere for clockspeed and mhz. It’s probably running on 66 mhz, u can change that.

If I were u I wouldn’t clock it because it won’t go faster…

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial”>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HoLMeZ:
[b]Then u have to search somewhere for clockspeed and mhz. It’s probably running on 66 mhz, u can change that.

[/b]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A Pentium 667 Mhz on 66 Mhz FSB?
I don’t think so.
It’s probably 5x133Mhz.
Btw…I thought the new coppermines were supposed to run cooler then the old P3.
I have a P3-450 and it runs at 48C with full load, and about 29C when idle.

i also have a
PIII 667mhz coppermine (133fsb)
256 ram (133fsb)
asus geforce 32DDrram
Aopen mobo

No mather what I do the cpu stays always about 42° celsius withoud extra cooling

and cr@zee you’re right it is 5x133Mhz