CPU fan removal

OK! I just baught a new case with new PSU, Fans, The lot
But My CPU is as noisy as shit ><

What I wish to know is How can I remove the fan from this and replace it
This is it its got little clips that fold over, but it dosnt just pull off, And rather than have to buy a new CPU cause I broke the last one I thought I would ask :smiley:

Most probably, your heatsink is stuck to the CPU. That’s a common thing the thermal compound on Intel stock coolers does. How to get it off? First, let your system run for some time. Make sure your CPU heats up (run Prime95 or a similar program). Shut down your system, keep the heatsink warm with a hair dryer and loose the clamps. Now slowly twist the heatsink in both directions. Keep on doing this (be cautious!) and finally it will come loose. If you use too much force, you have a chance that you will pull the CPU from its socket (which may cost you your CPU and mainboard). After getting everything loose, you can start to modify all you want.

Most probably, your heatsink is stuck to the CPU. That’s a common thing the thermal compound on Intel stock coolers does. How to get it off? First, let your system run for some time. Make sure your CPU heats up (run Prime95 or a similar program). Shut down your system, keep the heatsink warm with a hair dryer and loose the clamps. Now slowly twist the heatsink in both directions. Keep on doing this (be cautious!) and finally it will come loose. If you use too much force, you have a chance that you will pull the CPU from its socket (which may cost you your CPU and mainboard). After getting everything loose, you can start to modify all you want.

Oh Your too good :smiley:

Thanks Very much ill try it (with Caution)