CPU cycles >90% all the time: what's happening?

vbimport

Help needed,My computer is hanging up i noticed the cpu is on 100% all the time ,could this have anything to do with it .thanks

Can you open up Task Manager and determine what process is eating up all the CPU cycles?

Also can you give your system specs. Like how much ram, what kinda processor you have, etc?

opened task manager . theres one that stands out , spoolsv.ex is using 99% cpu usage , my computer is amd 2.41ghz 2gb ram will look up drives and list them . later

Some trojans are associated with that file useage: see here:

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/startup/spoolsv.exe.php

I suggest to download newer version of SpyBot, and Adaware, and do a full system scan in safe mode.

Still havin probs with ,cpu i used uniblue ( full version ) . didnt fix prob, when i
go in task manager spoolsv.exe is on 99 % cpu if i right click and end process imy computer speeds up and all is well then it reapears .

[QUOTE=mitchey;2021923]Still havin probs with ,cpu i used uniblue ( full version ) . didnt fix prob, when i
go in task manager spoolsv.exe is on 99 % cpu if i right click and end process imy computer speeds up and all is well then it reapears .[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you need more RAM. Please list your specs. of you computer.

specs . amd 2.44mhz 2gb ram 2 dvd cooler master case,realtek 97 acaudio,hd 115gb 9 gb 2x cds

Have you done this as Imkidd suggested?

[QUOTE=imkidd57;2019583]

I suggest to download newer version of SpyBot, and Adaware, and do a full system scan in safe mode.[/QUOTE]

You only mention “Uniblue” (which I’ve never heard of).

Your PC specs are fine.

haha does the process that use all the cpu one called nvstore.exe theres a process to do with nero that does it :slight_smile:

HAHA didnt read the process ignore me then :smiley:

Well I noticed one of your previous posts concerned printer problems. This may be related.

Some info here.

http://torque.oncloud8.com/archives/000384.html

mystic eyes. computer all sorted it was a print problem ,my daughter is the computer ,tech at the uni is was trying to print some thing all the time time , of a differant ,printer driver or some thing like that thanks for all your help .