CPU cooling fans and heat

vbimport

I have a P5P800 motherboard and 3.2 pentium cpu. I am looking for a cooling fan for socket 775. I don’t know which one i should go with cause fan and cpu is creating a lot of heat i mean my old cpu was quiter and produces less heat but this one produce lot of heat. I don’t have much knowledge about the cpu fans if someone can give me directions i really appreciate it>

Also other day when i was using cpu kind made a hum (l felt like cpu slowed down and back again i can see the light going dim and then normal i don’t know why it was doing this is something do with the power or something else) cause it did it couples of times.

Another this cpu is round as compared to the previous cpu’s i don’t this one is any good let me know thanks

Its only natural that a cpu such as a p4 3.2ghz will produce a lot of heat. What temperatures are you getting? As far as fans and heatsinks go, one of the most important things is to have a copper heatsink. While copper is more expensive(not by much) it is much better than aluminium or alloy composites at dispersing heat. Look Here:http://www1.shopping.com/xPP-System_Cooling--cpu_heatsink___fan I would personally recommend Thermaltake or Cooler Master as I can vouch for the quality and effectivness of these two brands.

Also other day when i was using cpu kind made a hum (l felt like cpu slowed down and back again i can see the light going dim and then normal i don’t know why it was doing this is something do with the power or something else) cause it did it couples of times.
You may just have a faulty cpu fan, or your power supply is unable to keep up now. Did you do the upgrade yourself? Did you upgrade anything else or just Mainboard and cpu?