Coverting to AVI\'s (Panasonic TH-50PX60U)

[qanda]This thread is about the Panasonic TH-50PX60U. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I am using DVD Fab 4 and have been converting my DVDs to avi’s to store on my computer. I would like to know how best to pick the settings…like the bit rate and screen size. I have the most trouble getting full screen pictures if I pick to high of a screen resolution. I don’t mind larger files since I am not burning them to a cd but I would like them smaller than a DVD and have decent quality.

Is there any tricks to getting good AVI’s and have them full screen.

keith

[QUOTE=kriehl;2192096][qanda]This thread is about the Panasonic TH-50PX60U. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I am using DVD Fab 4 and have been converting my DVDs to avi’s to store on my computer. I would like to know how best to pick the settings…like the bit rate and screen size. I have the most trouble getting full screen pictures if I pick to high of a screen resolution. I don’t mind larger files since I am not burning them to a cd but I would like them smaller than a DVD and have decent quality.

Is there any tricks to getting good AVI’s and have them full screen.

keith[/QUOTE]

From the way you’ve phrased your question, it sounds like you are converting DVDs to AVI format to store on your computer for displaying on your TV.

Am I right? Or am I missing anything?

Please advise before I start dispensing advice (I want to make sure I’m advising on the right situation).

O’C

:slight_smile:

Yes this is correct. I thought I had the correct settings and was getting full screen video on my TV’s using Media Player. Now I am getting a large black boarder all the way arround. Not sure what changed.

[QUOTE=kriehl;2196230]Yes this is correct. I thought I had the correct settings and was getting full screen video on my TV’s using Media Player. Now I am getting a large black boarder all the way arround. Not sure what changed.[/QUOTE]
What media extender are u serving to?

WHat do you mean by media extender. I would use the generic if that is what you are asking.

[QUOTE=kriehl;2197406]WHat do you mean by media extender. I would use the generic if that is what you are asking.[/QUOTE]
How are you getting the data stream to the TV inputs?

[quote=kriehl;2196230]Yes this is correct. I thought I had the correct settings and was getting full screen video on my TV’s using Media Player. Now I am getting a large black boarder all the way arround. Not sure what changed.[/quote]This may be a setting in WMP. Mine does this also until I click on the corner of the window as if I were about to stretch it, then it pops to full screen. What screen size settings are you using?

[QUOTE=signals;2197499]This may be a setting in WMP. Mine does this also until I click on the corner of the window as if I were about to stretch it, then it pops to full screen. What screen size settings are you using?[/QUOTE]Signals - Are you using WMC?

No, I was referring to WMPlayer.

[QUOTE=signals;2197606]No, I was referring to WMPlayer.[/QUOTE]Ok I think he is having issues with Full Screen on his TV. His media extender should handle bringing the video up on his TV full screen. My guess he is changing the Advanced resolution settings and the media extender he is using can not handle it. Leave the defaults on the Advanced resolution settings but change the bitrate to 2048.

I realize the OP is streaming and it is difficult to know what his device is capable of or the nature of the content. To fill the screen (i.e. no black bars) without losing content by cropping/zooming the display and content aspect ratios must be the same. Also needs to update from v4.