Court action against copy protections yes yes yes

vbimport

hi all,

i have read on a few sites about people wanting to take court action against the makers of copy protections. i for one am fully for this as i am sick of buying games that continually disable other programs on my pc (eg. safedisk does to daemon tools). When i go and buy a game I DON'T buy safedisk I buy the game. I dont want something that is going to stop me using my own pc the way that i want to.

Also as for safedisk I think that the makers of this protection are a bunch of F**KING hipocrits (think spelled right) they dont want you to be able to mess with the copyrights of the cd this protection is on BUT they DON'T GIVE A F**K whose copyrights they break in the process of protecting a cd.

Who are these people to stop me from using a peice of software that i have bought on my own pc. every time i install a sd protected game i cant play it at first because it detects that i have fantom cd and daemon tools on my pc. i paid for fantom as i did the protected game so why cant i use the game with fantom on my hd.

Now with the lateat sd i cant have virtual cd roms either what a load of crap. Now they are saying not only can i not back up my game to cd but i cant even have a copy of the cd on my hd to use with a v/cd rom so my original does not get destroyed. It is my view that these DI*KHEADS HAVE GONE TOO FAR next we will be told that we can only use our games or progs with the peoples progs that have paid them not to be blacklisted.

I have a hell of a lot more to say about this but i could be writing for days, I am a programmer myself and i know for sure i would not ever try to stop anyone from making a backup of any software i wrote.

I think it should be CLEARLY MARKED ON THE BOX OF THE SW YOU BUY IF IT HAS PROTECTION OR NOT.
i ALSO THINK THAT GAMES SHOULD COME WITH 2 CDS ONE ORIGINAL CD WHICH YOU CAN INSTALL AND PLAY FROM AND A BACK UP CD ONE YOU CAN ONLY PLAY THE GAME FROM if they continue with this madness of protections.

it is also my view that no protection is uncopyable as olli once said "IF YOU CAN READ IT YOU CAN WRITE IT"

Interesting concept. Apparently the Phillips corporation obvious thinks so also, because the little logo on the front of alot of cd-drives, you know the one that says compact disc? That is a trademark of phillips.

Hey,

I completey agree with you. I think companies these days are taking the piss more than ever before. We have arsehole companies who put such restrictive copyprotection on software that it can physically cause damage to your computer. We have other arsehole companies who will do anything to put (in my opinion) illegal software on your computer without your knowledge.

When I was back in uni I used to use a debugger quite a bit for going through various software but I noticed that certain bastard companies detect if you have a debugger installed and then either delete it or refuse to install the software. WTF bullshit is that? The software I have on my computer is perfectly leagal in the country I reside in, yet these sons-of-bitches say “We don’t care if you bought this software and it is legal, we gonna fuck you and you can’t do shit about it hahahahahaha…”

The only (small) consolation I have is that no matter what these companies do to protect their software or infringe your privacy and rights there will ALWAYS be someone out their to counter them.

Sorry for the rant but I really hate the way big companies get away with murder and have the government licking their arses the whole time.

Spunky

I think it is BULLSHIT too, it’s about time these companies were bent over and given it with force.

i think some sort of site should be made to take donations ( to pay for solicitors for the case) from people that want to see this shit come to an end. I would be one of the first to donate to this cause.

I really think that there is no way that these EGGHEADS CAN WIN :smiley:

You could also complain to the makers of daemon and phantom tools. If potential buyers are aware that these tools will not work in combination with SD2 etc they will propably not be bought by them.
The companies will loose money because of this. Then they also have a strong case…

sadly, im afraid that with the RIAA funding their mouthpieces, and our voices being limited to when we arent working/studying/playing the piece of shit software thats protected in the first place…they’ll probably win. and, oops, they have money. did i mention that?

wishes he was in a country without the DMCA

they might have money now but they wont when everyone decides not to buy their protected peices of shit!

Ok so is going to start this class action against that do copy protection that causes us not to be able to back up cd’s in general for purposes. Think of all the times that you picked up a cd that has had tons of scratches on it. I mean really a cd that you spent hard earned money on.

First of all, the corporations that back the big companies with bs protections usually have lots of money.

Second it takes a lot of people to do something that affects things so that they change(i.e. copy protection, the cbtpda(it got shot down because about 10 million people yelled at there congresspeople.

I agree that the government licks asses because if someone had about 5 million to give away wouldnt you listen to them??

Good initiate, hope the people win!
Power to the people! :slight_smile:

airhead= moderator ?

congrats dude!!!:smiley:

Weird isn’t it? :smiley:
Stop by the Lite-On forum and see who’s moderating… :slight_smile:

Thanks by the way.