Couple of question I need help on

Hey guys,
First of all I am having problems with backing up files using DVD RW’s. I am using sonic DLA software with mu Liteon LDW 811S DVD burner. For some strange reason when I try and move a bunch of files from my computer on to a DVDRW I always get errors half way through moving the files, and then why I try and read the disc later I get a Unable to read disc due to an I/O error. The only way then to get access to the files is using DVD Rescue. I was wondering if there was anyway to prevent this error, when backing up files. The problem is getting really anoying and costing me money, as I keep using DVD RW’s.
Also once I have an error like this is there any software other than DVD resucue to repair the DVD to a usable state again, while leaving the information on the DVD itself intact. I hate to constantly be moving files back on to my computer and then on to another DVD again, where again it has the potential to screw up. Using my CD Burner and CDRW before I don`t recall having this many problems backing up stuff.
Any help is Greatly apreciated,
Thanks,
soundguy_99

hmm… have you tried reading the disc with alcohol 120, blindwrite 5 or the new clonecd?

ben :slight_smile:

Hi bcn 246,
I can use DVD rescue to recover the discs, I just can`t add more files to it, in order for me to save that disc I would have to recover the files to my hard drive and start the whole process again. I usually use the Drag and Drop method of burning as far as backing up my files. My question is, is there any paticular reason this is happening, and weather there is any software that can fix or repair the disc.
Thanks,
soundguy_99