Couple of problems for newbie!

I’ve been using anydvd and dvdshrink for some time now, most of the time it’s been problem free. Recently I had problems backing up a few of my dvds. I tried to use anydvd ripper by right cliking on the fox to rip dvd to hard disk but anydvd responded with a message “anydvd is not active for drive F” drive F being the source dvd drive. How can I correct that? Thanks. :bow:

Did you reboot after the last update? What version are you using(anydvd) Click here & look at this post & please fill in all the blanks as you can so we can better help you.

open up anydvd and click on the + by Drives and then click on Selection and see if there is a check mark in your F:, if there isn’t then put one in the box.

You should only use Anydvd ripper when you’re experiencing problems with importing the disc directly into Shrink. You don’t need to rip first at all.

1. Latest version of Anydvd is 6.0.9.7. Ensure you’re using it (or whatever the latest version is):
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

2. With Anydvd running on your toolbar, run Shrink.

3. Click “Open disc”

4. Select the appropriate drive letter

5. Click “ok”.

If this doesn’t work, then use Anydvd ripper. Anydvd ripper uses FixVTS, and it should only be used when the steps above don’t work.

If you must rip, then use Windows Explorer to drag and drop the video_ts folder to your desktop with Anydvd running in the background. Then use Shrink to open that folder. And if that doesn’t work, then use Anydvd ripper.

What I wrote here doesn’t address your specific problem; Hobo10’s and Dr. Who’s posts do.

I merely call into question using Anydvd ripper unless you absolutely have to.

As far as I’m concerned one of the major benefits on Anydvd is never having to rip first before using a burning application.

I did as you instructed, it only has drive H in the selection, drive H is my other dvdrw drive. There is no indication of my drive F in there. How can I add that to my selection?

Try reinstalling AnyDvd right over itself.

1. What version of Anydvd are you using?

2. With Anydvd disabled does Windows see drive “F:”?

3. What operating system are you running?

4. If the answer to #2 is yes and you’re running Anydvd 6.0.9.7 or later, visit your motherboard’s website and see if there are any ide/ata driver updates for your motherboard.

5. Try reinstalling Anydvd. Ensure you reboot after installing.

A lot of the options above sound good.

If it still won’t work, you could try going to an earlier version like 6.0.8.2 or just to test, try a free thing like DVDFab Decrypter to see if the problem is with the software config or the hardware config. If DVDFab Decrypter can rip it successfully, then it could be a software config problem with AnyDVD, which could help narrow down what issues to work on.

Good luck.

Good post Bk, those are really the only options. I personally have not had this problem using the lastest version. So it may be a configuration problem as you said.:smiley: