Couldn't believe my luck

vbimport

G’day all,

It’s been a while since I last posted here and things have changed (to the detriment of optical storage enthusiasts worldwide) from all those years ago til today. I couldn’t believe my luck when I stumbled upon a US seller on eBay offering a bulk lot of 300 TDK 8x “Certified Plus” 74min CD-Rs for sale with low starting price, so I bid, and won! These are now in my possession and are certainly going to be prized as I remember the days when these “Made in USA” CD-Rs were all the craze. And oh yes, I tried one of these on a recent Pioneer BDR and the results were nothing short of stunning!

Who remembers the days when products such as Mitsui Gold Made in Japan, Ricoh Gold Made in USA, Kodak Gold Made in Mexico and Maxell CD-R XL Made in Japan were widely available?

Glad I have a huge stash of optical media made in the days when quality came before quantity!

[QUOTE=terminalvelocd;2711862] Mitsui Gold Made in Japan, Kodak Gold Made in Mexico [/QUOTE]

Those I remember!!:iagree::iagree:
Have fun with the TDK’s…:cool:

[QUOTE=terminalvelocd;2711862]I couldn’t believe my luck when I stumbled upon a US seller on eBay offering a bulk lot of 300 TDK 8x “Certified Plus” 74min CD-Rs for sale with low starting price, so I bid, and won![/QUOTE]
I won an auction back in Sept from the same seller for the same 300pcs of USA made TDK 8x CD-Rs. They will probably last me forever. How much was shipping to Australia?

[QUOTE=Stereodude;2711933]How much was shipping to Australia?[/QUOTE]

Let’s just say that including shipping, I paid a third of the price that I would have paid for similar media back in the day. Considering the immense weight of three cartons of CD-Rs including jewel cases, I think I scored a right bargain!