Could this be from

vbimport

upgrading my f/w (1633S to 1653s CS0C)? I keep getting “Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)” when I try to backup my DVD’s using DVDShrink. I should of tested the Drive before I flashed the f/w… but I removed my old opporite DD0203 and slapped in the 1633S and upgraded the f/w.

@ Sinster
This can be caused by a dirty DVD or maybe a tough encryption code. Try cleaning the disc and reripping. If that won’t work try to rip the disc with dvd decrypter and see if that works for you. Let us know how it goes.

Ok… Tried DVD Decrypter

"I/O Error!

Device: [0:3:0] LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1653S CS0C (G:) (ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0x02
Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 28 00 00 1D 4F D3 00 00 01 00
Interpretation: Read (10) - Sector: 1920979

Sense Area: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 11 05 00 00 00 00
Interpretation: L-EC Uncorrectable Error"

@ Sinster
I am assuming you cleaned the disc. Does this drive play/read dvds? Does this drive play/read CDs?
Post a Nero Infotool output. Run the tool, then click the diskette icon in the infotool toolbar and save as a .txt file, making sure all 8 boxes are checked. Attach to post using the ‘manage attachments’ button in the ‘go advanced’ reply window.

Yes I have cleaned the DVD and it fails at the same place.

Yes it reads DVD and CD’s

Why don’t you flash back the original firmware and test the disc?

If it still fails, you got bad disc;
if it works, try blanking the EEPROM, uninstall aspi4.71 and test again

I went back to BS0S (1633s) and I didn’t receive those errors and in fact everything rips normally. Was it the CS0C or is it my drive not liking reading at 12x?

In my situation would the EEPROM Utility work for me if I RESET LEARNT MEDIA?

no, it just resets the learnt media memory…

abalone,

what do you mean by blanking the EEPROM? As far of ASPI why would that cause a problem ripping? Or is this a recommendation on past experience?

just download and install this: http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1ONXG6V15XXD32VL8Z2MXTREPS

and there should be no problems anymore

Thx…

Will download it when I get home.

Thank You please, abalone, and chok0… It working great now!!