Could someone explain how to change the booktype of a pioneer 109

vbimport

hi everyone…please could someone explain how to change the booktype of a pioneer 109 so the dvd-rs are writing in dvd-rom…i have attemted to do it already with buffalo 8.40 firmware and a flasher program but with no sucess, just need someone to take me from step a to step b…any help much appreciated

DVD-R is not made for bitsetting!

[B]Only + media [/B]is able to be bitsetted/booktyped.

hi everyone…please could someone explain how to change the booktype of a pioneer 109 so the dvd+rs are writing in dvd-rom…i have attemted to do it already with buffalo 8.40 firmware and a flasher program but with no sucess, just need someone to take me from step a to step b…any help much appreciated

Then please visit the Asus/Pioneer subforum.

Would be better/nice if a moderator to move the post :slight_smile: then Killah1 won’t get the knuckles rapped for duplicate posting :frowning:
If possible of course :slight_smile:

It’s not a duplicate post, although it could have been clearer what the altered question was. Thankfully ‘chef’ picked it up and thus I think the OP’s knuckles are safe here in the Newbie forum :).

However now I need to think about what to do with your post. I appreciate your wanting to help, but next time please just use the ‘Report Bad Post’ function underneath the avatar, and leave a message there :iagree:.

Since the thread stays here, I’ll try.

To enable Bitsetting with an 109, you’d have to crossflash it with an [B]Buffalo[/B] firmware.
To achieve that, you need to use either DVRUpdate or DVRFlash. Both come with readme files (normally), to explain the important things. You’d require an suitable kernel and normale firmware for the update.
However, it’s most important that you know what you are doing - otherwise your drive could be damaged beyond repair.

You can find info & links in the Asus/Pio subforum.