"Could not Connect to Work Server"

I’ve finished a WU, but for some reason it won’t report back. Luckily it says it’s keeping the data in queue, but I’ve tried restarting the client a couple times to force the send, but it’s still not working. does anyone have any ideas? Is there a way to check if the server is down or if it’s something on my end?

[14:32:19] + Attempting to send results
[14:32:21] - Couldn’t send HTTP request to server
[14:32:21] + Could not connect to Work Server (results)
[14:32:21] (171.64.122.76:8080)
[14:32:21] Could not transmit unit 02 to Collection server; keeping in queue.
[14:32:21] + Working…

edit: I found the server status page (http://fah-web.stanford.edu/serverstat.html) and it appears the server I’m trying to connect to is not accepting connections.

am I correct in assuming that all I can do is wait?

yep, waiting is about the only thing you can do, stanford is usually pretty quick about getting servers back up, it will probably be up and running within 24hrs :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=reasonsnotrules;1848383]I’ve finished a WU, but for some reason it won’t report back. Luckily it says it’s keeping the data in queue, but I’ve tried restarting the client a couple times to force the send, but it’s still not working. does anyone have any ideas? Is there a way to check if the server is down or if it’s something on my end?

[14:32:19] + Attempting to send results
[14:32:21] - Couldn’t send HTTP request to server
[14:32:21] + Could not connect to Work Server (results)
[14:32:21] (171.64.122.76:8080)
[14:32:21] Could not transmit unit 02 to Collection server; keeping in queue.
[14:32:21] + Working…

edit: I found the server status page (http://fah-web.stanford.edu/serverstat.html) and it appears the server I’m trying to connect to is not accepting connections.

am I correct in assuming that all I can do is wait?[/QUOTE]

Hmm - I have a completed work unit waiting to send, and it’s assigned to 171.64.65.64, but it’s telling me that it is trying to use port 8080, despite the fact that I have my client configured to use a proxy server on another port. Has anyone seen this before?

[QUOTE=SnM77;1997805]Hmm - I have a completed work unit waiting to send, and it’s assigned to 171.64.65.64, but it’s telling me that it is trying to use port 8080, despite the fact that I have my client configured to use a proxy server on another port. Has anyone seen this before?[/QUOTE]

BAH. I found a thread on the folding site - getting an IP of 0.0.0.0 is their system’s way of telling the client that the server is not accepting connections and to try again later. It looks like 172.64.65.64 has been dead for most of the day. the same thread stated that there is nothing to do for this but to wait for Stanford to fix it. I have a feeling I’m going to lose a bunchof points to this. . .

[QUOTE=SnM77;1998028]BAH. I found a thread on the folding site - getting an IP of 0.0.0.0 is their system’s way of telling the client that the server is not accepting connections and to try again later. It looks like 172.64.65.64 has been dead for most of the day. the same thread stated that there is nothing to do for this but to wait for Stanford to fix it. I have a feeling I’m going to lose a bunchof points to this. . .[/QUOTE]

I have noticed before that you should still get the points , they are pretty good about that.

bean55