Could anyone help me with these questions please?

vbimport

Hi Everyone,

I live in Perth Western Australia and i go to a TAFE (if you dont know what TAFE is it is basically a form of Tertiary Education, not a high school not a University)

I have got a whole heap of questions to answer and i have answered about 80% of them except for these ones i will list below and if anyone could help me out with them i would really appreciate it as i cant seem to fins a simple answer for them the info just goes for pages and pages about them:

DHCP = 2 Advantages
2 Disadvantages
Why does DHCP Work Using Packets??? is that true and if so whats the answer??

What is DNS?
DNS like ARP (Why is DNS like ARP)???
DNS Hierachy

IP Addresses = Classes
= Subnet Mask
= What is Subnetting

What does a Router do that a Switch doesnt

Give some examples of Class A, B, C IP Addresses

Yeh soo if anyone could help me out here it would be very much appreciated!!!

ok I wont give you any answers because I feel it would not help you learn the answers for yourself but I will give you a few links to help you on your way. :slight_smile:
DHCP

DNS

IP ADDRESSES

IP Classes

Subnet Mask

Sub Netting

Routers and switches

a,b,c classes
Hope these help you with what your looking for :wink: sorry I can’t help you out more but as I said it would defeat the purpose of you learning it yourself and sinking in. It’s much better to read and learn yourself than have people give you the answers (no offence intended) and forget about it the next day.
Which course are you doing by the way? The last one I did at TAFE was programming

thank you very much im just goin to go through them now and c wat i can get from them thanks again :eek: :bigsmile: :bow:

the course im doin atm since i just finished yr12 last year is certificate 3 in IT (network administration)

No probs :wink:

the course im doin atm since i just finished yr12 last year is certificate 3 in IT (network administration)
Ahhh I should have guessed, I did that and cert 3 general in 2001 it was hard doing both at the same time, But I got them both done in the 12 months

hehe as long as u get them all done but i cant believe how many tests n shit i get everyday i walk in and its like here have another assignment to do its a pain

and we have to do a bit of programmin and remember half this code n shit that we would never use in our entire lifetimes but still :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Daniel Rossi

and we have to do a bit of programmin and remember half this code n shit that we would never use in our entire lifetimes but still :stuck_out_tongue:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
It is the same in Romania. I’m studying at Lucian Blaga University(in Sibiu) and we learn mechanics and other stupid things. And the bigger problem is that at programing exams we don’t use a computer but sheets of paper.:Z

Originally posted by Bestiuta
[B]

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
It is the same in Romania. I’m studying at Lucian Blaga University(in Sibiu) and we learn mechanics and other stupid things. And the bigger problem is that at programing exams we don’t use a computer but sheets of paper.:Z [/B]

heh … cutdows at the school heh ? well we had that here in norway to … ,but then in classes where you learn to cook and bake … they had to draw pictures of the things they was going to make … a pie, pancake, cake , anything because the school did’t have the money to the rawmaterial for the stuff :confused:

they had to draw pictures of the things they was going to make … a pie, pancake, cake , anything because the school did’t have the money to the rawmaterial for the stuff
That must have been quite an experience :stuck_out_tongue: :bigsmile:

… btw you people learn how to cook in school? geez!!

It was compulsary in my school that you did at least 1 term of cooking lessons. It still puzzles me why I am still alive after eating everything I cooked :stuck_out_tongue: